Switch Trouble finding one of the new fossils

rosedaughter

Greenhorn
I’ve been bombing the volcano for days and have yet to find the bat.... has this happened to anyone else? Is it really that rare to find?
The most recent patch that fixed the blue ground fixed the spawn rate for the bat. I spent two months with no bats and then got three in one day

ZeFat

Sodbuster
Almost at the end of my second year since the update on the switch going at it everyday since i got the obelisk and the damned mummified bat never drops, not on lucky days, on unlucky days on lucky days with luck food and luck ring. Its either bugged or you can only get it by killing the dragon thingies, the problem is they never drop anything besides bone fragments and dragon tooth.

Ereo

Helper
The most recent patch that fixed the blue ground fixed the spawn rate for the bat. I spent two months with no bats and then got three in one day
I don't think it did, in the announcement for the patch CA stated he was looking into the mummified bat issue for the next patch. You must have gotten lucky :)

rosedaughter

Greenhorn
I don't think it did, in the announcement for the patch CA stated he was looking into the mummified bat issue for the next patch. You must have gotten lucky :)
Well I assumed it did! Haha. I got it literally two rock hits in a row, my first rocks in the volcano since the patch! (after spending the two prior months in the volcano grinding away)

MaidenOfGore

Farmhand
I hope this issue gets resolved, I am super turned off to the game right now cause of it. I've found 3 ostrich eggs, the luck ring, tons of dragon teeth, and basically everything BUT the dang bat and it's just, grahhHhHhHhh x___x 1.5 in game years of searching. My farm animals are NOT pleased with how many days I've left them alone so I could grind nonstop for the bat lol.

Hoots711

Greenhorn
Carpet bombed over 1k, yes over a thousand mega bombs in volcano w/o finding the mummified bat. As well as countless pick axing...

Found 3 ostrich eggs and 7 or 8 prismatics so far. I hope it gets resolved soon as the issue is pretty deflating.

A hot patch of selling the bat for 250 cinders or something would be nice for those of us spending day after day looking for the darn thing.

Salty1

Planter
I spent two in-game years going for this thing and I ended up getting two back to back when I finally got it. I am not sure if it helps, but I did have both lucky eel+ginger ale luck buffs up at the time. I would normally assume this wouldn't affect the drop rate of artifacts, but it might be worth at least trying if you're going nuts otherwise.

Hoots711

Greenhorn
I spent two in-game years going for this thing and I ended up getting two back to back when I finally got it. I am not sure if it helps, but I did have both lucky eel+ginger ale luck buffs up at the time. I would normally assume this wouldn't affect the drop rate of artifacts, but it might be worth at least trying if you're going nuts otherwise.
Bombs or pick axe or lava lurker?

Hoots711

Greenhorn
Finally got mummified bat and it was after starting qi bean quest. Since that quest modifies the loot table to add qi beans it must fix the glitch. I got bat on 1st day in volcano after starting quest w mega bomb on floor 8.

Spent thousands of mega bombs previously w no success.

Good luck! And probably not worth wasting time if ur bugged, just wait for qi beans quest or patch.