Switch Trouble finding one of the new fossils

LadyLePruck

Greenhorn
I’ve been bombing the volcano for days and have yet to find the bat.... has this happened to anyone else? Is it really that rare to find?
20+ days of bombing and pick-axe and still haven’t found it. I’m just hoping it’s not a glitch. Did get the mammal skull from a coconut finally. It was probably 10 coconuts before we got it.

ProkoCat

Greenhorn
I'm having the same problem. I have absolutely scoured the volcano dungeon multiple times. I've made countless trips and must have exploded over 100 mega bombs and still haven't found a mummified bat. I watched a friend playing on PS4 find one on their first trip, so this makes me think there's an issue with the Switch drop table for this item.

Frootloops

Greenhorn
I'm having the same problem. I have absolutely scoured the volcano dungeon multiple times. I've made countless trips and must have exploded over 100 mega bombs and still haven't found a mummified bat. I watched a friend playing on PS4 find one on their first trip, so this makes me think there's an issue with the Switch drop table for this item.
I think it probably is a glitch if other people are having this experience on switch. From what I understood from PC players, the bat was one of the easier ones to find, so I was confused as to why I couldn’t find one. It’s my last golden walnut that I need for 100% perfection too 😭😭

Cashew

Newcomer
I’m having the same exact problem. I did end up finding the mammal skull after about 5-10 coconuts but I have gone through the damn volcano probably 10 times, and used probably 200 mega bombs and still can’t find the bat.

Alarion

Newcomer
Playing on the Switch, I have the same problem with the mummified bat and I am really disappointed that I can`t get the 100% perfection, cause I would love to get it and to "finish" the game finally.

Mõcha

Greenhorn
With the new patch I thought it’d be easier to find the mummified bat but nope :[

edit: found it finally! Phew

Last edited: