Issue Tried to update my game, everything's ruined 😔

Ttrita

Greenhorn
Pretty dumb when it comes to tech stuff so apologies if it's easy to solve. Whenever i try to play on smapi after i updated everything for the 1.5.5 it just won't let me and it gives me this message. To be honest i dont know what it wants from me.
idk whats going on.png

i also tried to make a log, but apparently i cant even do that because there's no ErrorLogs folder in my computer, when i know i used to have them.

haywud

Farmhand
What version of SMAPI are you using? That hostpolicy.dll error seems to be related to .NET Framework, and the most recent version of SMAPI apparently removed the need for .NET Framework, so maybe you just need to update SMAPI. There were like 3 different versions released in the span of about a week, so I wonder if you just don't have the latest one.

Then again I'm pretty dumb when it comes to this sort of thing too, so I apologize if I'm not helpful.

Ttrita

Greenhorn
What version of SMAPI are you using? That hostpolicy.dll error seems to be related to .NET Framework, and the most recent version of SMAPI apparently removed the need for .NET Framework, so maybe you just need to update SMAPI. There were like 3 different versions released in the span of about a week, so I wonder if you just don't have the latest one.

Then again I'm pretty dumb when it comes to this sort of thing too, so I apologize if I'm not helpful.
I downloaded the one (3.13.2) i already had again, didn't work... :sweat: and don't worry, maybe i just ****ed up something else completely unrelated along the way

haywud

Farmhand
I downloaded the one (3.13.2) i already had again, didn't work... :sweat: and don't worry, maybe i just ****ed up something else completely unrelated along the way
Don't feel bad, I do the same sort of thing all the time. That's why most times I don't bother with mods, because in so many games all it takes is one little mistake and everything just blows up in my face. For example I had taken a long break from Stardew Valley and decided to go back it. Of course the game had been updated which meant updating mods, but I figured I'd just remove them. My game wouldn't start, so I tried to re-install it. Still wouldn't work. Tried deleting all traces of the game from my computer... nothing. Tried a couple other things... nothing. Eventually I re-installed Steam, and it worked. You know what the problem was? I forgot to remove the launch parameters within Steam, so it was trying to launch through SMAPI which no longer existed though it wasn't until after I did all that other crap that I figured it out.

As for SMAPI, yeah that does seem to be the latest version. Maybe you could try and re-install the game and see if that helps. You won't lose any progress in your saves, or at least you shouldn't anyway since the saves don't seem to uninstall with the game. Hopefully you can figure it out, because I know how frustrating it can be trying to get a game to work and it just doesn't want to. Be nice if someone that knows about this stuff would at least take a look at your error, because I'm sure there are people around here that could tell you exactly what's wrong just from that message.