Thoughts for the next update?

PookieDoodle

Rancher
Sebby talks about moving out and there's room on his parents mountain for another small house. It would be nice also if Jas and Vincent aged a little. There's already a storyline in place with Jas because of the last update.

I'd like for us to get some outdoor furniture like the people in town have. Benches, picnic tables, lawn chairs, etc. It would be fun to design little garden/bbq areas near our houses.

PookieDoodle

Rancher
In my opinion Jas needs to be aged up to go along with the new 1.5. dialogue. She's talked about like she's a teenager, yet she's still a child skipping rope under a tree. Which is it?

Lew Zealand

Helper
I think there should be a hidden achievement in game which would be called the 99% Perfection goal, which by definition stands in opposition to the extant 100% Perfection goal. 99% Perfection involves achieving all the basic goals of the game, with the exception of 100% Perfection, but by using the lowest cumulative amount of Energy in-game. There would be a Lazyboard with the lowest totals, accessible in Steam and GOG Galaxy (ironic as I use the standalone GOG version) on PC or via other cloud services on the various consoles and portable devices.

As inclusiveness and individual lack of achievement should be encouraged and lauded, worldwide totals would be an untoward situation. So each region or country should have its own totals as laziness is a social construct, and some regions have huge advantages over others as slothfulness is rewarded in different ways by leaders who have achieved various states of enlazyment. More leaders in the crusade for laziness er... efficient use of natural resources and energy should be celebrated around the world.

The strategies would be interesting to implement as Stardew Valley has a lot of tradeoffs when it comes to Energy use and Experience gained per time and g spent. For instance, planting hundreds of Parsnips uses relatively little g for the amount of Farming experience you gain, but absolutely kills your Energy stat and takes a ton of time. Same goes for Pickaxeing vs. Bombing vs. Staircases to get down lower in the Mines or Skull Cavern. Lots of tradeoffs there and thinking superficially about this, it's going to be financially expensive to save Energy by Bombing or using Staircases.

Of course it's called the 99% Perfection goal because someone already took the 100% name. And c'mon, we all know that only Gil can be really 100% Perfect.

Ok this is all self-centered, I just want to be rewarded for Lazy Farming dagnabbit!

Worblehat

Planter
I just want to be rewarded for Lazy Farming
I find that Lazy Farming is its own reward. 🙂 😴

My take on an alternate Imperfection goal would be to have the player carefully arrange to almost but not quite reach perfection in every category. Shipping - let's say between 130 and 144 of the 145 items shipped. Farmer skills - between 45 and 49 skill points. Monster Hunting - between 9 and 11 of the 12 goals completed. Relationships - between 30 and 33 of 34 at max friendship. Either the clock or all four obelisks, not both (I'm bundling these two Perfection categories since otherwise it's hard to figure a way they could be partially complete). Stardrops - 5 or 6 of the 7. Cooking recipes made, crafting recipes made, fish caught, golden walnuts found, something like 72-79 of 80, 116-128 of 129, 60-66 of 67, and 117-129 of 130 respectively. Reward would be, I don't know, a nice rocking chair to nap in? And maybe an alternate version of the summit cutscene where Grandpa and Mr. Qi express mild disappointment that you couldn't be bothered to work a little harder. (Obviously no Statue of True Perfection or Golden Eggs, in case somehow that doesn't go without saying).

The energy thing is an interesting idea too. I guess you could sort of set yourself a low-energy challenge run now, by just never getting any of the stardrops. That doesn't get the cumulative aspect of the idea, but having to play the entire game with some thought to your energy bar should provide a rough approximation of the same result.

Lew Zealand

Helper
I find that Lazy Farming is its own reward. 🙂 😴
This is True. I have lost my way. Or more likely I sat down and the way lost me.

My take on an alternate Imperfection goal would be to have the player carefully arrange to almost but not quite reach perfection in every category. Shipping - let's say between 130 and 144 of the 145 items shipped. Farmer skills - between 45 and 49 skill points. Monster Hunting - between 9 and 11 of the 12 goals completed. Relationships - between 30 and 33 of 34 at max friendship. Either the clock or all four obelisks, not both (I'm bundling these two Perfection categories since otherwise it's hard to figure a way they could be partially complete). Stardrops - 5 or 6 of the 7. Cooking recipes made, crafting recipes made, fish caught, golden walnuts found, something like 72-79 of 80, 116-128 of 129, 60-66 of 67, and 117-129 of 130 respectively. Reward would be, I don't know, a nice rocking chair to nap in? And maybe an alternate version of the summit cutscene where Grandpa and Mr. Qi express mild disappointment that you couldn't be bothered to work a little harder. (Obviously no Statue of True Perfection or Golden Eggs, in case somehow that doesn't go without saying).
Ah, now this type of achievement already has a name: Mickey Mantle.

Very close to the end of his career, his lifetime batting average was .300 but as careers sometimes go at the end, it dipped to .299. He put in some extra effort and by the end of the season and his career, he overachieved and ended up with:

So sooooo close to the natural perfection of .299 but. yet. somehow ended up with an empty-feeling .298.

Brings a tear to the eye...

The energy thing is an interesting idea too. I guess you could sort of set yourself a low-energy challenge run now, by just never getting any of the stardrops. That doesn't get the cumulative aspect of the idea, but having to play the entire game with some thought to your energy bar should provide a rough approximation of the same result.
There are a lot of cumulative stats packed into the savefile so this is an achievement which seems like it could be added to the game. Without too much hassle? By someone with actual ambition. And interest. Talent would probably come in handy...

Well, that's me recusing myself, I'll just lay down here...

Last edited:

PookieDoodle

Rancher
How about some backpack options? With the update we got the option for more refrigerators, which is great. But today I was thinking about a few things I'd like to be able to do with our backpacks. How about a toggle that lets you have what you put in last in the top row? I do a lot of pond farming and that would be a great help for me not to have to move all of my roe every time I want to keg them. Not a big deal, just would be nice. Also, with the update we have a lot more to do. More gathering, more farming, more cave exploring. We could use some extra room in our backpacks. ...but maybe we don't need it all the time as far as having to pay Pierre for it. Why not rent some space? Nothing major, just extra storage for a day. Think of it as renting a fanny pack to go along with the backpack. And we wouldn't pay cash for it. Just something petty. Like lets say 50 acorns or 100 sap for a full day of 24 more slots. We're already getting this stuff when we cut lumber anyway. Then, after we've rented more space we have a time limit to use it, just like Help Wanted jobs. 24 more slots for 5 days. Which you can set in the morning when you wake up and it's a lucky day. 🙂