Kegging rice to make vinegar is a fantastic idea! And I love the idea of adding cocoa beans to the game. Maybe even vanilla beans and we could keg our own vanilla for cakes, cookies, etc. Also, your frying pan idea is wonderful. Especially if we could hang them in our kitchens.I'd like to see cooking overhauled with the following changes.
Two other additions I'd like to see.
- Make the Cookout Kit available at Foraging 3 to grant earlier access to cooking.
- Make Cooking into a skill and tweak a few existing dishes to grant Cooking Skill buffs.
- Add a timing mini-game to Cooking to make it interesting. Have Cooking Skill impact the difficulty of the mini-game.
- Add Frying Pans as a new tool type and allow higher quality frying pans to cook more than one dish at a time (i.e. copper frying pans can cook two of any dish at once while iridium frying pans can cook up to five).
- Separate the Kitchen from the Pantry in the Community Center and add various cooking-related bundles to the Kitchen.
- Add cocoa beans to the game. It makes no sense that we can make chocolate cake without chocolate.
- Let us keg rice to make vinegar. We can make wheat, sugar, and oil, leaving vinegar as the only ingredient we can't make ourselves.