Thoughts for the next update?

PookieDoodle

Rancher
I'd like to see cooking overhauled with the following changes.
  1. Make the Cookout Kit available at Foraging 3 to grant earlier access to cooking.
  2. Make Cooking into a skill and tweak a few existing dishes to grant Cooking Skill buffs.
  3. Add a timing mini-game to Cooking to make it interesting. Have Cooking Skill impact the difficulty of the mini-game.
  4. Add Frying Pans as a new tool type and allow higher quality frying pans to cook more than one dish at a time (i.e. copper frying pans can cook two of any dish at once while iridium frying pans can cook up to five).
  5. Separate the Kitchen from the Pantry in the Community Center and add various cooking-related bundles to the Kitchen.
Two other additions I'd like to see.
  • Add cocoa beans to the game. It makes no sense that we can make chocolate cake without chocolate.
  • Let us keg rice to make vinegar. We can make wheat, sugar, and oil, leaving vinegar as the only ingredient we can't make ourselves.
Kegging rice to make vinegar is a fantastic idea! And I love the idea of adding cocoa beans to the game. Maybe even vanilla beans and we could keg our own vanilla for cakes, cookies, etc. Also, your frying pan idea is wonderful. Especially if we could hang them in our kitchens. :cool:

liquidcat

Staff member
I would like to see character arcs of npcs get a closure, notably Clint, Marnie and Lewis. Clint's storyline made more sense when Emily wasn't a bachelorette but since she was made into a marriage candidate some of Clints dialogues come across as awkward, I would like to see his character get a better closure than what we currently have.

So I suppose I would like to see more character focused additions in next update! and cooking minigame

MrTeapoT

Farmhand
Myself I would love to see some fresh faces in the game, maybe some new people moving into the valley.
After 1.5 updated. Leo has destroyed my beach chest with all of my beach stuff from his addition pathway.:cry::cry::cry:

TBH I'm done with this game within this price range. Addition content should be too much for me /shameface.

Just looking for 1.5 update for my gf mobile ver.
please Eric.:blush:

PookieDoodle

Rancher
I think a few new trees would be cool, like lemon trees maybe? Then you could make lemonade.
Yes! We need something to go along with all the entrees we can make. Right now, we can either have coffee or cranberry juice with anything we eat. But at least the ginger ale was a nice addition. Your idea goes along with what I posted. Give us more reasons to purchase the pricy fruit trees. We need a return on our investment.

MissDandy

Farmer
Yes! We need something to go along with all the entrees we can make. Right now, we can either have coffee or cranberry juice with anything we eat. But at least the ginger ale was a nice addition. Your idea goes along with what I posted. Give us more reasons to purchase the pricy fruit trees. We need a return on our investment.
Yes! My point exactly.
I too want to be able to build on the island, but until we're allowed to do so a pair of Junimo Chests can make it less cumbersome to transport items to and from the island.
This is such a good idea, I didn't think of it! I will be doing this, thanks!

PookieDoodle

Rancher
Also, a few more locations to get water would be nice. Everything works in our kitchens except the faucet. I'd like to able to fill my watering can inside. Or even better. A faucet attached to the house. It's silly after you've upgraded your house and farm to have to fill your watering can from a pond. 😋

Ereo

Helper
Also, a few more locations to get water would be nice. Everything works in our kitchens except the faucet. I'd like to able to fill my watering can inside. Or even better. A faucet attached to the house. It's silly after you've upgraded your house and farm to have to fill your watering can from a pond. 😋
I'm pretty sure I can refill the watering can on PC but I can't test now. It doesn't seem to work on mobile, maybe because it doesn't have the left click/right click distinction...

Worblehat

Planter
I'm pretty sure I can refill the watering can on PC
Confirmed. I did not know that! Though at this point I no longer have any use for my watering can, so I'll just hope I remember this when I start a second farm and reach the house upgrade... Knowing my memory, this seems unlikely.

Luceat

Planter
As i mentioned in another older thread; i'd like to see some changes on the UI (in my case PS4-Version)

And i would like get building-orders implimented >>Hey Robin, please build me ALL that buildings - one after one ;)

My classic-wish > An Autocollector, which works outside of barns ;)

Swartzki

Tiller
As i mentioned in another older thread; i'd like to see some changes on the UI (in my case PS4-Version)

And i would like get building-orders implimented >>Hey Robin, please build me ALL that buildings - one after one ;)

My classic-wish > An Autocollector, which works outside of barns ;)
I'm with you. I play this on PS5 and some changes to the UI could be cool.

Merrien

Greenhorn
I too would like to get closure on relationships that aren’t mine. Clint and Emily plus Marnie and Lewis— I was kind of hoping for some kind of matchmaking fun with the people you don’t marry. Hook up a few folks with each other with new cut scenes and convos of course.

Swartzki

Tiller
I also wanna see our birthdays implemented into the game, so like an algorithm like if you were born Aug-Nov you would be a Fall birthday if you are Dec-Mar Your winter Apr-May Spring Jun-Jul Summer, or something like that. Maybe even a pride event in summer!

Last edited:

Swartzki

Tiller
a big update dedicated to family/dialogue would be amazing, even if that's the only thing that gets added. more stuff with your kids, some more events, more dialogue from all the npcs, maybe more with your pets, etc
Yes this! Maybe even your kids aging a little bit more to the point they move out and give you grandchildren.

CScout

Farmhand
Yes this! Maybe even your kids aging a little bit more to the point they move out and give you grandchildren.
I love the though of your kids becoming adults, moving out, and starting families. But Jas and Vincent are still in grade school.