1.6 Update The new event

kswoffk

Cowpoke
How many times has green rain happened during summer for you guys? It has only happened once to me by the end of summer. I was tying to farm moss and fiber as much as I could but the whole day was definitely not enough for me lol

Baalthuzar

Greenhorn
It happened to me on Day 8 of Summer. There was an anomalous weather update prior to it happening. It was super cool. I tried going to every house to see everyone's reaction and when Linus said all the wild growth would disappear the following morning, I started chopping down as many beanstalks to get those fiddleferns. I used up the whole day exploring that wild event. I hope it happens again.

Lew Zealand

Helper
Once in the first summer and once in the second summer for me. I'm about a week into my third summer and no green rain yet. However much of the Moss and Fiber is left over the next day though Villagers will destroy any that's in their path. Also the Moss seems to show up again on many Trees later on, even including ones in town so keep your eyes peeled and your Scythe ready!

kswoffk

Cowpoke
It happened to me on Day 8 of Summer. There was an anomalous weather update prior to it happening. It was super cool. I tried going to every house to see everyone's reaction and when Linus said all the wild growth would disappear the following morning, I started chopping down as many beanstalks to get those fiddleferns. I used up the whole day exploring that wild event. I hope it happens again.
were you able to get the mossy seeds? i got 4 and planted two on my farm. it grew one beanstalk and another tree.
Once in the first summer and once in the second summer for me. I'm about a week into my third summer and no green rain yet. However much of the Moss and Fiber is left over the next day though Villagers will destroy any that's in their path. Also the Moss seems to show up again on many Trees later on, even including ones in town so keep your eyes peeled and your Scythe ready!
yeah I'm pretty much going around town looking for moss lol were you able to craft the statue of blessings already?

Lew Zealand

Helper
yeah I'm pretty much going around town looking for moss lol were you able to craft the statue of blessings already?
Yes! I love the statues (there are more) and I kick myself when I realize I'm at Skull Cavern or Ginger and I forgot to get my blessing! :cry: :cry:

Never underestimate your (my!) ability to ignore the obvious thing I've placed right next to the house door so I never miss it!

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Yes! I love the statues (there are more) and I kick myself when I realize I'm at Skull Cavern or Ginger and I forgot to get my blessing! :cry: :cry:

Never underestimate your (my!) ability to ignore the obvious thing I've placed right next to the house door so I never miss it!
Place them in a junimo chest and have on at ginger island and at the skull cavern! Then you can take them out and use ‘em anywhere

VampireCake

Rancher
I got it once in late summer. Then I got a weird bug when it got to autumn and a bunch of my trees decided they preferred being wild and changed back. I thought it was just a graphical bug but cutting them down has yielded some mossy seeds.

I really did not enjoy the green rain event. I don't think I'm far along enough to see the value of moss and such. But the thing is, I had a lot of trees planted JUST so (aesthetics are important to me lol). And all that green rain did was force me to chop down a bunch of lovingly planted trees. And for some reason growing them back has been a pain ever since. More than once I accidentally smashed the sapling. So this one event in the summer has carried a headache all through to the end of fall. So if it were up to me, I'd rather pick having my farm not be transformed and farming moss anywhere else. (it doesn't seem to be that rare, there's always lots of trees outside of the farm that have it)

I guess it adds value to the experience. Having to replant my decorative trees every year for some slimy poo poo rain keeps things fresh, I guess

goboking

Rancher
Then I got a weird bug when it got to autumn and a bunch of my trees decided they preferred being wild and changed back. I thought it was just a graphical bug but cutting them down has yielded some mossy seeds.
I thought we were getting fall trees losing leaves in the last week or so of the season, and instead we got this. I meticulously place specific types of trees in specific spots on my farm for aesthetic purposes, and them being changed into moss trees really bums me out. I am not a fan.

ArtifactSpot

Whats the green rain/ moss for anyways? I know it’s 1.6 update thing but why does it happen and does the moss become something you need so I should collect it all and save it for later? Anything else I need to know to collect/save/find for this green moss rain thingy?

Odyssey

Tiller
Whats the green rain/ moss for anyways? I know it’s 1.6 update thing but why does it happen and does the moss become something you need so I should collect it all and save it for later? Anything else I need to know to collect/save/find for this green moss rain thingy?
The green rain event spawns a lot of moss and fibre, plus some fern-like trees that give fiddlehead ferns when chopped down (or tapped if you grow one from the new mossy seeds that the green rain trees can drop).

Moss and fibre are both needed for various crafting recipes, including one new late game recipe that needs a large amount of both.

Lew Zealand

Helper
I really did not enjoy the green rain event. I don't think I'm far along enough to see the value of moss and such. But the thing is, I had a lot of trees planted JUST so (aesthetics are important to me lol). And all that green rain did was force me to chop down a bunch of lovingly planted trees. And for some reason growing them back has been a pain ever since. More than once I accidentally smashed the sapling. So this one event in the summer has carried a headache all through to the end of fall. So if it were up to me, I'd rather pick having my farm not be transformed and farming moss anywhere else. (it doesn't seem to be that rare, there's always lots of trees outside of the farm that have it)

I guess it adds value to the experience. Having to replant my decorative trees every year for some slimy poo poo rain keeps things fresh, I guess
As mentioned by others, your trees should have returned to their normal appearance the following day, did they get stuck? One thing you will notice that changes from the green rain is there are more Trees growing around town which is nice for additional wood, and those trees will also have Moss growing on them which can be harvested with a Scythe. Maybe you saw your Trees the next day with Moss on them? You can just Scythe the Moss off those too to get their original color and shape back.

VampireCake

Rancher
I thought we were getting fall trees losing leaves in the last week or so of the season, and instead we got this. I meticulously place specific types of trees in specific spots on my farm for aesthetic purposes, and them being changed into moss trees really bums me out. I am not a fan.
Same. Some of my trees I can't replant without moving buildings, and I have a pretty packed farm so there's not much space to move them to. And I swear one maple I replanted turned back into the bare wild tree again. Not to mention tappers stop working.

I didn't mind the green rain event itself, it was fun to see the town all overgrown, but pls leave my maples alone. And I like the addition of moss as a resource, I'd just really appreciate an option to keep it off my farm. Yes you can cut it down, but it grows back rather fast. (I posted in the suggestions forum about having more options for the golden clock which would include this, also spouse randomly changing flooring or wallpaper which has been a pet peeve of mine for ages... Emily why have you put red brick flooring in our dark blue themed bedroom, argh. :unamused:

ArtifactSpot

Same. Some of my trees I can't replant without moving buildings, and I have a pretty packed farm so there's not much space to move them to. And I swear one maple I replanted turned back into the bare wild tree again. Not to mention tappers stop working.

I didn't mind the green rain event itself, it was fun to see the town all overgrown, but pls leave my maples alone. And I like the addition of moss as a resource, I'd just really appreciate an option to keep it off my farm. Yes you can cut it down, but it grows back rather fast. (I posted in the suggestions forum about having more options for the golden clock which would include this, also spouse randomly changing flooring or wallpaper which has been a pet peeve of mine for ages... Emily why have you put red brick flooring in our dark blue themed bedroom, argh. :unamused:
You can change the flooring back they don’t get mad. Sometimes they will replace it with something else though. Just change it back they don’t get mad or loose friendship points.

As mentioned by others, your trees should have returned to their normal appearance the following day, did they get stuck? One thing you will notice that changes from the green rain is there are more Trees growing around town which is nice for additional wood, and those trees will also have Moss growing on them which can be harvested with a Scythe. Maybe you saw your Trees the next day with Moss on them? You can just Scythe the Moss off those too to get their original color and shape back.
I did not know this. I panicked and chopped them down during the rain event :toothy: now I know not to do that for next time haha. Thank you!

VampireCake

Rancher
You can change the flooring back they don’t get mad. Sometimes they will replace it with something else though. Just change it back they don’t get mad or loose friendship points.
I do change it back, it's just annoying it happens and I'd like an option for it not to. :x:

I LOVED the green rain! I was totally taken aback when I stepped out of my house that day finding myself in an accursed world. My first thought was: "What the heck was CA smoking when he came up with THIS?" 🤣
Had an especially loud laugh when I found Demetrius wearing a chemical warfare gear. For a moment I thought I had found an extra-terrestrial. 😅

2 types of Mossy Trees remain, though. I like them. Now I'm looking forward to the second experience of this kind. 😁