the museum collection

addi2574

Newcomer
so I've made a comment somewhere else regarding this but i know the stardew checkup exists and i can check but in my file explorer it only has the save as far as 5 fall year 3 but now I'm in 6 winter still year 3 and I've added to the museum since then and i only have one farm under that name so its not even the wrong one so i don't know what I'm missing so help would be appreciated.

Attachments

Benhimself

Rancher
Just by space alone you're still missing over a dozen items. At that point it's less "look for these things, here, specifically" and more about getting more stuff in general? If you can handle skull cavern it's a good source of omni-geodes (and when you have all the minerals you can swap them out for artifact troves at the desert trader), be sure to dig up every artifact spot you can find, use the treasure hunter when fishing, that sort of thing.

Benhimself

Rancher
Also gonna say if you're looking for assistance in this matter it's a LOT easier to take screenshots of the mineral and artifact sections of your "collections" tab.

Ereo

Helper
Also gonna say if you're looking for assistance in this matter it's a LOT easier to take screenshots of the mineral and artifact sections of your "collections" tab.
No, that only tells us what they found, not what they donated.

Lew Zealand

Helper
I use the Artifacts tab in my Collections at least to identify what I for sure haven't donated (because haven't found it yet) and afterwards comes the process of figuring what I forgot to donate. It was the Prehistoric Skull this last time as I got too used to popping everything into the Bone Mill.

Something that makes tracking donations easier for me is to put all the Minerals to one side and all the Artifacts to the other side in the Museum. And you can count on needing to crack open lots and lots of Frozen, Magma, and Omni Geodes for those final Minerals or Artifacts. This playthrough I ground for Star Shards (Magma and Omni) and previous playthrough it was Ocean Stone (Frozen and Omni). I found both from their more specialized geodes and not the Omni so concentrating on their Floors in the Mines with Bombs really helps.

Last edited:

Benhimself

Rancher
No, that only tells us what they found, not what they donated.
Granted, but most people will donate the first of everything they find, the only usual exceptions being prismatic shard and dinosaur eggs (both of which are already in there). And using the tab for what definitely hasn't been found already is a lot easier than, y'know, expecting other people to go through five separate cropped screenshots of unsorted artifacts and minerals and matching them to the almost-100 different items in a full collection to see what isn't there.

Odyssey

Tiller
The Stardew Valley wiki has pages for both artifacts and minerals which have every artifact/mineral listed with a picture of the item and a description of where it can be found.

There are also pictures of the completed collections tab so it's easy to do as Lew Zealand said and check which ones you haven't found at all.

If you use the in-game screenshot feature (open the menu, go to options and scroll all the way to the bottom, press the little camera icon and then open destination folder to view the screenshot) it should be easier for you to see what you have and compare it with the pictures/lists on the wiki as it will show the whole museum at once.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
What I do is go to the artifacts and minerals tab on the wiki and order my museum in that exact order, placing spaces where I’m missing items, this allows me to see everything I’m missing and reference back to it whenever