the dehydrator is way to overpowered

slievmaan

Newcomer
The dehydrator is extremely overpowered, selling dried fruit at 7.5x base price and taking a day to process fruit, while kegs are 3x base pice and take 6.25 days to process fruit, the dehydrator needs a debuff either taking double the time as a keg making them a bit better or decreasing the selling price.

ZbigFarmer

Greenhorn
So I wrote out the math to help with this. Turns out when looking at just the value, it actually has the least profit of the three between the keg and preserves jar for both high and low value fruit. This is following: value*3 for the keg, (value*2)+50 for the preserves jar, and ((value*7.5)+25)/5 for the dehydrator to find the per fruit profit.

Ancient Fruit
keg-1650g
preserves jar-1150g
dehydrator-830g

Salmonberry
keg-15g
preserves jar-60g
dehydrator-12.5g

I think that even though it has the least per fruit value, it does produce much quicker and can use mushrooms, so would be a good use for any overflow you have while waiting for the keg and the jar to cook.

Thank you for coming to my ted talk

Lew Zealand

Helper
So I wrote out the math to help with this. Turns out when looking at just the value, it actually has the least profit of the three between the keg and preserves jar for both high and low value fruit. This is following: value*3 for the keg, (value*2)+50 for the preserves jar, and ((value*7.5)+25)/5 for the dehydrator to find the per fruit profit.

Ancient Fruit
keg-1650g
preserves jar-1150g
dehydrator-830g

Salmonberry
keg-15g
preserves jar-60g
dehydrator-12.5g

I think that even though it has the least per fruit value, it does produce much quicker and can use mushrooms, so would be a good use for any overflow you have while waiting for the keg and the jar to cook.

I'm using it for lower value Fruit and Mushrooms that I don't have the Keg or Jar capacity for, so it's still useful. I forget now what materials it takes to make a Dehydrator but at one point I found that even to be too steep compared to what I needed them for.

ZbigFarmer

Greenhorn
I'm using it for lower value Fruit and Mushrooms that I don't have the Keg or Jar capacity for, so it's still useful. I forget now what materials it takes to make a Dehydrator but at one point I found that even to be too steep compared to what I needed them for.
I was pretty happy you get one with the mushroom cave

slievmaan

Newcomer

Ancient Fruit
keg-1650g
preserves jar-1150g
dehydrator-830g

Salmonberry
keg-15g
preserves jar-60g
dehydrator-12.5g

you also have to into acount the time it takes to proccess with the dehydrator being one day and the keg being 6.25 days
this turns profit per day into this
Ancient Fruit
keg-264g
preserves jar-431.25g
dehydrator-830g

Salmonberry
keg-2.4g
preserves jar-22.5
dehydrator-12.5

Last edited:

imnvs

Local Legend
you also have to into acount the time it takes to proccess with the dehydrator being one day and the keg being 6.25 days
Processing time is only important when you can't be bothered to build more things with which to process. Build more kegs or preserves jars and you'll make more money than you could ever make with a dehydrator.

Aidenfarmboy

Greenhorn
The resources it takes to craft is crazy. Compare 1 keg to 1 dehydrator and you will realize the keg is now strictly end game full stop. (No need to make the desert a forest anymore) Compare 1 jar to 1 dehydrator and you'll realize you get both by getting sprinklers. By the time you build that many kegs you are past the point of needing to make money anyways. Also I dont like squirreling kegs across the entire map just to keep my throughput decent. Fyi, 1 dehydrator is equivalent to 35 kegs(ish) or 12.5 jars. My suggestion 1/3 dehydrators 2/3 jars.. (ie: 10d/20j.. 15d/30j) until end game.. then do whatever you want. Make a little less money to save mountain of time touching equipment... yes please

KeySmasher

Cowpoke
Ancient Fruit
keg-264g
preserves jar-431.25g
dehydrator-830g
It goes back to how much fruit per day you are actually producing. Each tile of Ancient fruit only bares 1 fruit every 7 days, so you'll need 35 tiles of ancient fruit planted to keep one dehydrator running each day. With one keg taking 6.25 days on just one ancient fruit, you can have five kegs brewing wine for that same field of 35 ancient fruit and repeat the process every week. This means the dehydrator running 830g *7 days is worth 5810g while five kegs will make 5*264*7=9240g per week from that same field of 35 ancient fruit (after it fully matures). I am assuming you will be growing it all year in the greenhouse or on the island. Plus, you will probably move some of that to the cellar to age but that has limited space and therefor production limits.