Creator Response The Board Game Is Back!

Colito

Board Game Designer
Staff member
Hello everyone! I am happy to share that the Stardew Valley board game will be available to order on Wednesday Nov. 3rd at 12 noon PST. It should be available to ship to you “soon” but I want to be clear that the games still need to be transported from Michigan to Florida (our fulfillment company) before they can be sent to you. I expect they will start to arrive at people’s doors in a couple of weeks but exactly when is hard to say. The nature of shipping at this moment is unpredictable. For those hoping to get them in time for Christmas, I want to say it’s likely but not certain.

You can read more from ConcernedApe himself on his blog. Feel free to ask me questions here, I’ll do my best to answer them.

We’ve made a few improvements to the game. Probably the most requested was the storage solution. There is now a whole new additional tray to hold the pieces when the game is being stored. It should also help to make set up and take down of the game much quicker. I wanted to include this originally but at the time, we couldn’t figure out exactly how to make it and fit it in the box. This has now been addressed.

The Mines have been adjusted as well to improve the experience. Also many small wording changes on the cards and in the rules should help to clear up some of the frequently asked questions.

For those of you wondering about the availability outside of the US, we’re working with several distributors who will distribute to game stores in the EU and UK, Canada, Australia and New Zealand.

That’s all for now! Thanks for your interest and your support.

-Cole

Lew Zealand

Helper
Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

Are the rules changes applicable to the version already out in the wild giving random personages many hours of fun?

Colito

Board Game Designer
Staff member
The biggest rule changes are baked into the new mine cards, which I'll try and detail soon. They don't change the rules exactly but they just make different results possible so that the Mines are less frustrating. Another rule change is that the Museum grants a heart for each donation. I'll be posting an updated rulebook too, but most of the edits there are for clarify, not rule changes.

tbowne85

Tiller
This is great news. Will people who already bought the game have access to the updated components and rulebook?

An extra tray for parts is something many have asked for and would benefit pretty much everyone who has the game.

And as I've discussed with you in the past, I would benefit from updated rules and components with more clarification on certain elements. I believe you said in the last that you would make these available to us, and I hope that is the case. Thanks.

Last edited:

maikermon

Farmhand
This is the best news all year!!!
ConcernedApe writes that the game will be available in some store in EU, will it be possible to purchase the game directly from you, and then have it shipped, since the game probably wont be available in a small a country as Denmark? :)
Or maybe it is possible, that you can tell which countries will have a copy or something. Searching every board game shop in every country i Europe is a horrible task. And frankly I feel a bit stupid trying to locate the biggest board game shop in Latvia..

Last edited:

gnysek

Farmhand
I'm little sad that there's no list of any stores outside of US, as it's hard to find any (as for now I didn't found even one). It still seems that I would need to use proxy shipping services from US...

maikermon

Farmhand
Yeah, I have struggled a lot as well.. I'm just really concerned that this printing will sell out just as quickly as the last one, meaning I wont have time to find a store that sells it

Colito

Board Game Designer
Staff member
This is great news. Will people who already bought the game have access to the updated components and rulebook?

An extra tray for parts is something many have asked for and would benefit pretty much everyone who has the game.

And as I've discussed with you in the past, I would benefit from updated rules and components with more clarification on certain elements. I believe you said in the last that you would make these available to us, and I hope that is the case. Thanks.
I am going to upload the new rulebook. We are also figuring out exactly how to make the updated mine deck and tray available for existing owners of the game. More details on that soon!

Colito

Board Game Designer
Staff member
This is the best news all year!!!
ConcernedApe writes that the game will be available in some store in EU, will it be possible to purchase the game directly from you, and then have it shipped, since the game probably wont be available in a small a country as Denmark? :)
Or maybe it is possible, that you can tell which countries will have a copy or something. Searching every board game shop in every country i Europe is a horrible task. And frankly I feel a bit stupid trying to locate the biggest board game shop in Latvia..
Sorry that we're not able to make it more clear which stores will have the game. I am going to try and find a solution to this, perhaps something like a registry on our website where game stores can submit links to their store so you don't have to track it down.

Colito

Board Game Designer
Staff member
Yeah, I have struggled a lot as well.. I'm just really concerned that this printing will sell out just as quickly as the last one, meaning I wont have time to find a store that sells it
One thing I can say though, is that if the demand continues to be higher than our supply, we will likely print more. And the turn around time for those should be much quicker.

!
Sorry that we're not able to make it more clear which stores will have the game. I am going to try and find a solution to this, perhaps something like a registry on our website where game stores can submit links to their store so you don't have to track it down.
That would be so helpful. The first shopkeeper I rang this morning had only just opened his store and already had 8 calls about the Stardew Valley game! Which he had not heard of and won't have in stock! The other most likely contender also won't have stock so I've no idea where the game will be on sale in the UK. Would be so helpful to know, thank you.

maikermon

Farmhand
One thing I can say though, is that if the demand continues to be higher than our supply, we will likely print more. And the turn around time for those should be much quicker.
Are you printing the same amount as the last printing? I am just really in doubt whether I should wait for the game to be available in a country near me, or if I should pay a ton of money for the shipping my self. I just really want to play this game! :D

KotNaKacu

Cowpoke
For those of you wondering about the availability outside of the US, we’re working with several distributors who will distribute to game stores in the EU and UK, Canada, Australia and New Zealand.

That’s all for now! Thanks for your interest and your support.

-Cole
Are there any estimates on when information regarding this aspect can be shared? And where to expect it - in this thread perhaps?

Also -do you suggest for EU citizens to wait for that thing to happen? (question aimed to find out if waiting for EU friendly shipping could save some $/€ for those in Europe.

And thank you for updating!

Colito

Board Game Designer
Staff member
I am working with a company called PSI to get the games into EU and UK. They are a consolidator, meaning they sell to distributors who then sell the game to retailers (hence the reason we don't have a clear idea of which stores it will be in). I am trying to get more info about when you can expect those games to actually get to the stores, but my guess would be early next year (January or February).

This order is much larger than before, but that being said, not all of it is available equally in all regions. We're trying to allocate based on demand, but that is very difficult to predict right now. My suggestion would be to wait and get the game in your area rather than paying a ton for shipping, but that may mean waiting a few more months.

Waiting for the game to come to EU will definitely save you some money! I wish that I could be more clear about exactly where and when it will all land, but so much of our focus has just been, to get it to this point amid all the manufacturing / shipping challenges the board game industry (and others) is currently facing. Thank you for your patience!

amidnightblue

Greenhorn
I am very interested in information about the Australian distributor. My mother owns an independent toyshop and we'd love to stock it! I am super excited to see that the game is being made available outside the US, thank you!

edit: Sorry I was so excited I forgot to say that we are Let the Children Play Toyshop in North Queensland www.playmackay.com.au :)