Switch Switch Bugs - Mermaids and Collection

JamminJami

Newcomer
These are two bugs I've encountered on while playing SV on Switch. As far as I know the game is up to date (but circumstances won't allow me to verify for another few weeks).

I am playing with the in-game language set to English. I am in Year 2, Winter, on a four corners farm. Most of the town is at Full Friendship, with the exception of Dwarf, Krobus, Kent, Willy, Caroline, Sandy and Jas.

Mermaid Bug
This happened last in-game year. Attending the mermaid show, I entered the correct code shown on the secret note, but didn't receive a pearl. I tried again during the next two days of the night market but to no avail. Not sure what to do.

Museum Bug
This happened more recently-- I am still a few artifacts short in my museum, among the items is the Ceremonial/Ornate Fan (the name escapes me). I dug one up and went to turn it in, only for Gunther to tell me I had nothing to donate. Before I had found it, it was greyed out in my collection, and upon picking it up, already had Gunther's flavor text added to it.

I will admit that earlier in my playthrough I had save-scummed in the mines, and I believe I had one in my inventory at the time. I'm wondering if that might have had something to do with it, though I hadn't donated the fan yet then either.

i also had a crash occur a few days ago, but due to playing offline I didn't report it and never thought to take a screenshot.

EDIT: I had found a fan by other means and had donated that one. There is no museum bug. I am just unobservant.
It's a collection bug instead.

Last edited:

imnvs

Local Legend
For the mermaid show, did you do it already in year 1? You can only do it once ever in any one save.

Did you verify that you haven't already donated the fan to the museum? (There is a bug where you can get artifacts from sources other than digging them up and not get credit in collections leaving it still greyed out, even though you've already found one and donated to the museum.)

JamminJami

Newcomer
For the mermaid show, did you do it already in year 1? You can only do it once ever in any one save.

Did you verify that you haven't already donated the fan to the museum? (There is a bug where you can get artifacts from sources other than digging them up and not get credit in collections leaving it still greyed out, even though you've already found one and donated to the museum.)
Nope. In year 1 i tried to do the mermaid show, but nothing happened. I'll try again this year and see if i missed something.
Edit for clarification: i did the event, entered the code, but did not receive a pearl. I received no indication anything had transpired. Leaving and reentering caused the show to start up as normal.

I'll check the museum again, but it says I had only found one like... ever.

I'll update the thread with my findings.

EDIT: I had found a fan by other means and donated that one. There is no museum bug. I am just unobservant.

Last edited:

imnvs

Local Legend
Nope. In year 1 i tried to do the mermaid show, but nothing happened. I'll try again this year and see if i missed something.
Edit for clarification: i did the event, entered the code, but did not receive a pearl. I received no indication anything had transpired. Leaving and reentering caused the show to start up as normal.
Yes, try again and see if it works when you try again. I mean, I'm not doubting you, but making sure is a good thing.
I'll check the museum again, but it says I had only found one like... ever.
That's the bug, that it says you only found one. Like I said, it apparently isn't being counted unless you dig them up from an artifact spot.

JamminJami

Newcomer
Museum 'Bug' Update: I had found a fan by other means and donated that one. There is no museum bug. I am just unobservant. This is a collection bug that has already been reported.

Topic has been updated to reflect that.

JamminJami

Newcomer
Tried again at the mermaid show just now. No pearl has been obtained.
I'm wondering if my inventory was full when i first did it and didn't realize, so the game thinks it gave me one despite not receiving one.