Switch Switch 2 Upgrade Pack doesn't load

I'm Arii

Newcomer
I don't know why I didnt go here first, instead of reddit, but whatever.

Following situation:
I bought SDV on Nintendo Switch 1 digitally. I loved it so much, I bought a physical copy as well. I played both copies (whenever I forgot, that the cartridge wasnt plugged in).
I dont know if this has anything to do with the problem but it might be, so there you go.

Now the upgrade pack for Switch 2 released and I installed it. On the homescreen it properly shows the picture "Stardew Valley Switch 2 Edition".
But when I start the game, the normal version starts. Yes I checked, because I specifically wanted to play with my two daughters on couch-coop. It doesnt work. The new farm isn't present either, etc.

Now, I tried all kind of tips and tricks like deleting the game reinstalling it, same with the digital cartridge version, I swear to god, I completely deleted the entire game including my 300+ hour farm for the sake of playing with my girls.

Nothing works...
Please help. 😥
 

veronicaab

Farmhand
There's no content difference between switch 1 and switch 2. The update just made it so it would work properly on the new system

Not sure what's going on if you can't set up couch co-op though!
 

Ereo

Helper
There's no content difference between switch 1 and switch 2. The update just made it so it would work properly on the new system

Not sure what's going on if you can't set up couch co-op though!
There’s no difference in content, but there is in multiplayer (probably because the Switch couldn’t handle as many players):


Switch 2 exclusive features
  • Mouse controls for placing furniture and organizing your inventory.
  • Local split-screen co-op supports up to four players.
  • Online multiplayer supports up to eight players.
  • GameShare allows the player to invite up to three friends to play, even if they don't own the game.
 
Top