Windows Sudden loss of controller support

victory gaming

Newcomer
I got this game about a week ago for me and my wife to play together. I have it on steam and play with PS4 controllers. I purchased a wireless adapter for each controller which we used for our first 2 play sessions. Then last night when I went to load up the game the second controller despite working in steam and sowing up as 2 separate controllers would not work in game. I tried switching wires and switching controllers and any combination gave the same result the game would pick one controller to use and ignore the other.

I found a forum post on here with similar sounding issues and tried everything suggested which was mostly messing with controller settings in steam and forcing gamepad in Stardew.

After about 45 min of restarting the computer, the game, steam and using every setting or hardware combo I could. I pulled out my laptop and download Stardew. The game loaded up and I had the exact same issue where one controller would work and the other would not. Brand new install on a totally different computer where I had not changed any settings.

If anyone has a suggestion the help would be extremely appreciated.

There is also a slight issue with ui scaling at 4k when we play on the TV. At max scaling the UI is still too small to use especially in split screen so I run the TV at 1080 which looks identical on game but shouldn't be necessary.