Linux Steam Deck - Controllers no longer working since approx last update - Device priority wrong?

Craft4

Newcomer
I posted this as well her in the Steam Forums: https://steamcommunity.com/app/413150/discussions/1/8059829560014136059/

Tech Details
Steam Deck (latest updates on Steam Deck applied)
SteamOS - 3.5.17
Steam Version - 1710458266
Stardew Valley - latest update + bugfixes - 1.6.3, BuildID: 13874930
extra Hardware - 4 Controllers - Bluetooth - Xbox Controller
usually playing 2-4 player Split Screen on TV

What happens?

Whenever starting Stardew Valley since roughly about the Update the Controllers do not work, the Steam Deck Controls itself do not work. It is impossible to interact with the game.

The Controllers do work perfectly in other games and with the Steam Deck itself. Game can be closed and opened. Just interaction within the game is not possible when starting.

The ONLY input that Stardew Valley allows is the touch screen. Not the Steam Deck controls, but the touch screen. I can load any existing games that we played together on via Touchscreen and then the other controllers can join the game just fine. This is also valid for the Steam Deck Controller itself. I can join the own game via my SteamDeck itself as a second player.

The main player can´t be controlled nor interacted with except via TouchScreen touching. The Mouse aka cursor of the main player can be moved via TouchScreen.

Assumption - there is something wrong with the priority of the Controllers in Stardew Valley. Apparently Stardew Valley priorized the virtual Keyboard and virtual Mouse from Steam over the Bluetooth Controllers and even over the own Steam Deck Controller.

I have not figured out how to change this.
Reset, Reinstall of the game, relinking of all Bluetooth devices. Operating with or without Docking Station - no success so far. I did try to change Controller order - but the XBox Controllers appears first in list anyway. Second comes the Steam Deck Controller. The TouchScreen Devices does not appear at all, and actually i believe the TouchScreen should not be there as well.

Craft4

Newcomer
Additional Info there - it might be possible that the Steam Deck Docking station, connected via USB might add some additional Device?
But even without Docking Station, the issue persists.

Craft4

Newcomer
Visual - input possible via TouchScreen, playing as Player 1 not possible - but Controllers can join a game once loaded.
Would be awesome if there is a workaround for this. No one else playing on Steam Deck?

PXL_20240420_125024463.jpg

PXL_20240420_125123522.jpg

Craft4

Newcomer
I managed to resolve the issue.
As the various solutions that i found in the net, regarding re-ordering controllers were not working. The Touchscreen is not a controller that can be re-ordered.

What did work:
- Go to the settings of the specific game in steam
- Compatibility
- select "force the use of a specific Steam play compatibility tool"
- Select "Proton 7.0-6"

Thus i would say it´s rather a Steam / Proton issue than Stardew Valley?

I did try the version, and Version 7 enabled the functionality again and my kids can play on the TV again :)