Windows Stardew Valley takes ages to start

Traix

Cowpoke
I've... this little problem, well, I don't know how it started, one day just happened, I was using the same version and everything (1.5.6) the day prior to this.
The thing is that, I double click SV and it starts, according to task manager, but in second plane and it stays there for like, 30 minutes.
1667659878989.png

And when It starts its pretty slow, takes approximately other 30 minutes to load the save file and it takes more or less 20 seconds to open the inventory, the menu or the community center stuff, going to other areas the screen stays in black for some time like, if it was loading it or something but that's incredibly odd because somedays ago everything was practically instantaneous.
I don't think it's my pc because SW doesn't even need much, I got a Intel Celeron, Intel HD Graphics 3000 and 4GB ram
I tried deleting the Start Up preferences
Uninstalling and reinstalling Microsoft XNA and .NET
I reinstalled SW (2 times)
And probably other things but I don't remember.
Also, It's SW vanilla, no mods, there's no error message or nothing, just awful annoying lag.
Please help, for my first time playing SW this is a horrible experience.

UlyanaLeyana

Planter
I've... this little problem, well, I don't know how it started, one day just happened, I was using the same version and everything (1.5.6) the day prior to this.
The thing is that, I double click SV and it starts, according to task manager, but in second plane and it stays there for like, 30 minutes.View attachment 12032
And when It starts its pretty slow, takes approximately other 30 minutes to load the save file and it takes more or less 20 seconds to open the inventory, the menu or the community center stuff, going to other areas the screen stays in black for some time like, if it was loading it or something but that's incredibly odd because somedays ago everything was practically instantaneous.
I don't think it's my pc because SW doesn't even need much, I got a Intel Celeron, Intel HD Graphics 3000 and 4GB ram
I tried deleting the Start Up preferences
Uninstalling and reinstalling Microsoft XNA and .NET
I reinstalled SW (2 times)
And probably other things but I don't remember.
Also, It's SW vanilla, no mods, there's no error message or nothing, just awful annoying lag.
Please help, for my first time playing SW this is a horrible experience.
After the game has been upgraded to 64 bit it requires more than what is listed on the game page.
Try to play in compatibility version:
In your Steam library, right click “Stardew Valley”, Select “Properties”, Click on the “Betas” tab. Select "compatibility - for 32-bit systems".

Traix

Cowpoke
Aight I found the solution and it's as odd like the problem (Combability mode didn't work much btw):
I was playing SW with a god like patience with all that lag (Not even lag will stop me from playing this game damn) and then the power went out in my neighborhood, after that I was with the most poker face I had in my life, when the power came back I immediately started to play and guess what, the game runs fine, no lag, instantaneous when going to other areas, I mean everything was as it should be.
Then I thought, how the hell, it fixed itself or what, then I decided to make some experimentation, I unplugged my pc and plugged it again in the power plug, Opened SW and again, lag, I was like, holy cow!
I did again of plugging and unplugging and the SW ran fine, so yeah, This is my solution
Summary: Unplug and plug again your pc or force the turn off while SW it's open, and if you have the same problem as mine, it should be fine, although I think your pc won't be so happy about it LOL.

UlyanaLeyana

Planter
Aight I found the solution and it's as odd like the problem (Combability mode didn't work much btw):
I was playing SW with a god like patience with all that lag (Not even lag will stop me from playing this game damn) and then the power went out in my neighborhood, after that I was with the most poker face I had in my life, when the power came back I immediately started to play and guess what, the game runs fine, no lag, instantaneous when going to other areas, I mean everything was as it should be.
Then I thought, how the hell, it fixed itself or what, then I decided to make some experimentation, I unplugged my pc and plugged it again in the power plug, Opened SW and again, lag, I was like, holy cow!
I did again of plugging and unplugging and the SW ran fine, so yeah, This is my solution
Summary: Unplug and plug again your pc or force the turn off while SW it's open, and if you have the same problem as mine, it should be fine, although I think your pc won't be so happy about it LOL.
Well, I think something is wrong in the power supply of the computer with the voltage.

XxJaszczurkaxX

Newcomer
I have the same problem as you had i did exactly what you said and it still dont works, but every other steam game does

SuS_Valley-69

Greenhorn
i have had the same problem for like 3 months now but the first solution didn't work for me cuz where i live there is power outage often