1.6 Update [Spoilers] Qi Giant Crop

MalaMaster

Greenhorn
Mala_3-22-2024_6286308.png

So I was doing the Qi Crop quest as per my usual business, when one day, a giant Qi crop spawned! I was not aware that this existed until now, and was wondering if I had discovered it. I did a little digging and apparently ConcernedApe teased it in a tweet, so I'm posting here to wonder if I'm the first to get this to trigger officially, as this has not yet been updated on the official wiki, I don't believe. Well, isn't this neat? Anyone else manage to get the Giant Qi Crop? Are there any other giant crops we haven't discovered yet?

Last edited:

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
I got one too just for the funsies, definitely an awesome keepsake. There are 3 new giant crops afaik, I assume the others are powder melon and squash.

View attachment 19762
So I was doing the Qi Crop quest as per my usual business, when one day, a giant Qi crop spawned! I was not aware that this existed until now, and was wondering if I had discovered it. I did a little digging and apparently ConcernedApe teased it in a tweet, so I'm posting here to wonder if I'm the first to get this to trigger officially, as this has not yet been updated on the official wiki, I don't believe. Well, isn't this neat? Anyone else manage to get the Giant Qi Crop? Are there any other giant crops we haven't discovered yet?
Whoa! They grow in Winter now too??? Word!

nicodeux

Farmer
I got one too just for the funsies, definitely an awesome keepsake. There are 3 new giant crops afaik, I assume the others are powder melon and squash.
I remember reading in the patch notes that there were only two new giant crops. Qi's fruit was already hinted, and I would also assume that Powder Melon is the other one. Wiki seems to confirm that also: 5 types of giant crops.
Whoa! They grow in Winter now too???
And that's possibly the best season to do this quest, IMHO.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
I remember reading in the patch notes that there were only two new giant crops. Qi's fruit was already hinted, and I would also assume that Powder Melon is the other one. Wiki seems to confirm that also: 5 types of giant crops.

And that's possibly the best season to do this quest, IMHO.
Oh idk how I got 3 then, and I’d assume you’re right with powder melon, makes sense to have one for every season plus one for the true every season crop.

VampireCake

Rancher
Nope, it's still there! The newest permanent decoration to my farm. Gonna be hanging onto this bad boy 'til the sun blows up.
You've got 4 or 5 billion years then. Might get a bit warm towards the end, you may want to invest in some sunblock. Although... free dried fruit and smoked fish, right on the tree/in the pond. Also some extra crispy bacon with toasted truffles....

Don't mind me, just overthinking a Sun-turning-red-giant apocalypse menu.

ArtifactSpot

You are just plain amazing. 🤩 Talking about 1.6 like the master expert you are, and it just came out a few weeks ago! I don’t know how you do it bro. Just way cool! Like they said when I was growing up way back when “rock tight with your bad self!” 😎😍

Has anybody found out if the other one is a giant Powdermelon? Also, if anybody could tell me the chance of growing a giant crop it would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: nvm found them
1711673219856.png

Last edited:

nicodeux

Farmer
I don't have seen someone posting a screenshot of a giant Powdermelon, but it is confirmed from the wiki that this is the other new giant crop.

If conditions are met, there is a 1% chance each day for a 3x3 field of one of the eligible crop to grow as a giant crop. You can find all details on the wiki (though I assume you've already read it because the picture you posted is taken from it).