**SPOILER** Perfection

imnvs

Local Legend
I calculated that it takes longer, I might have done somethign wrong and notify me if I did but I averaged out the profit to be around 374g per day, nto including the birthday gifts as most are pretty redundant so the total might be around 400-410, even with 410 it's still closer to 20 years.
I could have gotten it wrong but I don't see how the answer could be even close to 6/8 years.
34 birthdays in a year leaving 78 days of the year you can get something other than a birthday present. If for those 78 days you got an even mix of the possible results and you are a blacksmith you're getting (1500+375+750)/4 on average each day or 656.25 on those days or 51187.5g. We'll get to the omni geodes later, next are the birthday gifts which is a total of 11365 (assuming no professions for now). Now, those 78/4 omni geodes is 19.5 omnis per year... I'd rather not do all the math on that one right now myself, so I'll trust the wiki since the process describing how to get the average is sound, and I'll be assuming that since we're talking about statues of endless convenience that we've already opened 15 geodes and thus are getting an average of 96.4 per geode after the 25g cost to open it, and multiplied by 19.5 that is 1879.8 per year from those. So... we have 1879.8 + 11365 + 51187.5 = 64432.3g.

Dividing that into 1M gets us 15.52 years.

Alternately, if you only get iridium bars (good luck with that), our numbers become 1M / (11365 + (78*1500)) = 7.79 years.

Huh... shows me for trusting others' maths.

Last edited:

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
34 birthdays in a year leaving 78 days of the year you can get something other than a birthday present. If for those 78 days you got an even mix of the possible results and you are a blacksmith you're getting (1500+375+750)/4 on average each day or 656.25 on those days or 51187.5g. We'll get to the omni geodes later, next are the birthday gifts which is a total of 11365 (assuming no professions for now). Now, those 78/4 omni geodes is 19.5 omnis per year... I'd rather not do all the math on that one right now myself, so I'll trust the wiki since the process describing how to get the average is sound, and I'll be assuming that since we're talking about statues of endless convenience that we've already opened 15 geodes and thus are getting an average of 96.4 per geode after the 25g cost to open it, and multiplied by 19.5 that is 1879.8 per year from those. So... we have 1879.8 + 11365 + 51187.5 = 64432.3g.

Dividing that into 1M gets us 15.52 years.

Alternately, if you only get iridium bars (good luck with that), our numbers become 11365 + (78*1500) = 7.79 years.

Huh... shows me for trusting others' maths.
Yeah, I once calculated to 14 2/3 years which I think was my most accurate as I calculated at least roughly the birthdays and omnis, my 20 assumtion was that you would sell the omnis for nothing or not sell them at all and I didn't accustom for birthdays so I think 20 wasn't horrid.
I did also not accustom for increase in gold but did for diamonds and iridium for some reason which is kind of an oversight.

imnvs

Local Legend
Yeah, I once calculated to 14 2/3 years which I think was my most accurate as I calculated at least roughly the birthdays and omnis, my 20 assumtion was that you would sell the omnis for nothing or not sell them at all and I didn't accustom for birthdays so I think 20 wasn't horrid.
I did also not accustom for increase in gold but did for diamonds and iridium for some reason which is kind of an oversight.
I didn't for diamonds but did for iridium and gold because I was assuming blacksmith which would preclude gemologist... though profession switching can be done, it is not recommended for numbers this small. You'd have to have other diamonds and iridium/gold coming in that you're selling. (Crystalariums and mining can solve that.) Alternately, a multiplayer game with one blacksmith and one gemologist, add in an artisan on at least one person and you're making a lot more.

Oh, and I just thought to add that for birthday gifts that were fruits/veg I also assumed processing them in jars. (Some could make better profit in a keg, but let's be honest with ourselves. Almost all kegs are being used for starfruit, ancient fruit and pineapples and even a coconut would just get in the way there.) Again, didn't include artisan.