**SPOILER** Perfection

How did you get perfection (for those of you who have)? I feel like all of the smaller steps of it are interconnected, and as a result, I don’t know where to start. I’ve already sold at least one of all crops/animal products/ores, so at least I have that going for me.

Hill Myna

Farmer
I kinda just... did.

I've only reached Perfection once, but just through natural gameplay, we (it was in Splitscreen) completed most of the tasks. I'll go through the list:

Produce & Forage Shipped – You've already done this, and TBH nothing is really that difficult. Dinosaur Mayonnaise and Caviar are probably the trickiest, but even those are fairly trivial.

Obelisks on Farm – Perfection takes time, and in the meanwhile, you'll want to be earning cash. I can see this clashing with certain people's gameplay styles, but really all you need is one Greenhouse full of Ancient Fruit and some Kegs. This nets you around 1M/month and it's super low maintenance, so it can just happen in the background. Of course there are plenty of other methods, but this is probably the simplest.

Golden Clock on Farm – Ditto.

Monster Slayer Hero – I didn't find this too challenging because I mine a lot, but I could see this being an obstacle for less Mining-inclined playstyles. My biggest tip would be "don't pass on Prehistoric Floors!". These are fairly uncontrollable, so make the most of them when you get the chance!

Great Friends – This is where I fell short. I'm not that into the NPC side of Stardew, I've seen most of the dialogue before, so this was more of a chore for me. I got most people up to the maximum, but ultimately I had to rely on my Mum (who was playing with me) to complete this one.

Farmer Level – If you're short on any of these... Farming: Grow Ancient Fruit or any of the long-growth-duration crops (e.g. Rhubarb, Starfruit, Pumpkins). Foraging: Frequent the Secret Woods and chop down all the Stumps. Loads of XP to be had there. Mining & Combat: Go Mining, hit the silver rocks and ideally bring a Club. Fishing: fish where ever, the Desert is great (but ends at 8:00pm).

I'm typically at Level 10 in every skill by the end of Year 1, so this was a non-issue for me.

Found All Stardrops – Definitely not the easiest. If you're missing any, then tell us which.

Cooking Recipes Made – Getting the recipes comes pretty naturally. Cooking them takes a bit of time and some commitment, but I just cooked a couple dishes before I went to bed each day and it was slowly complete. You'll need at least a couple of chests to store all the dishes though!

Crafting Recipes Made – Harder than the one before. I'd recommend checking the Wiki for it's list of Craftables and where to get them. Both the Dwarves have recipes; so does the Desert Trader. They're all over the place! Again, it's very similar to the one above, so make a couple chests and do a couple per day!

Fish Caught – I don't really know why this was included in the list, because you get a Stardrop at the end (which is required for Found All Stardrops). Maybe it was to hint that you get a Stardrop this way? But Willy already has dialogue hinting at that, so maybe not... anyone else got any ideas?

Golden Walnuts Found – Do as many as you can, and then double check all the obvious hoe-spots. We were missing one, it was in a spot I thought we did on the first day! Apparently not. If you need help, then don't be afraid to ask here/check the Wiki.

And that's it!

But to start, I'd make sure you've got the infrastructure to earn the money, then mix making friends (for the goal and the recipes) with exploring Ginger Island. Make sure that you catch any fish/grow any crops that you're missing when they're in season.

Whenever you feel like Mining, make sure you go to the area that has the Monster(s) that you're missing, or the geodes that you need to finish the Museum (that means Skull Cavern if you're missing artifacts, because Omni Geodes = Artifact Troves!).

Perfection is a journey, different people find different parts harder, so don't be discouraged!

I hope this helped in some way, have fun!

Elenna101

Farmer
Yeah, just get some money-making going, and then pick some things to focus on that you can do and keep doing them. I did all the crafting/cooking at the very end, since you need friendship and such to get all the recipes anyways, but doing a few at a time also works fine. If you didn't know, you can turn on the Advanced Crafting Menu option and it'll tell you whether you've crafted a recipe before. Also the Crafting page on the wiki lists all the recipes so you can check which ones you're missing.

ValleyGirl

Tiller
Are you talking of perfection or true perfection? I managed to get all candles lit on grandpas tomb within the alloted time and got the statur of perfection and it churns out iridium every day. If the statue of true perfection requires access to Ginger Island then I can't do that yet as the update hasn't been release for Android.

Hill Myna

Farmer
Are you talking of perfection or true perfection? I managed to get all candles lit on grandpas tomb within the alloted time and got the statur of perfection and it churns out iridium every day. If the statue of true perfection requires access to Ginger Island then I can't do that yet as the update hasn't been release for Android.
We're talking about true perfection! Sadly, you don't have access yet, but hopefully you will soon!

How are you liking your shiny purple cat, though? Are you much of a Skull Cavern-goer?

Also, now that I think about it, this thread should probably have "Spoilers" in the title. @Colleen&Potato, you should be able to do it, the mods can too.

We're talking about true perfection! Sadly, you don't have access yet, but hopefully you will soon!

How are you liking your shiny purple cat, though? Are you much of a Skull Cavern-goer?

Also, now that I think about it, this thread should probably have "Spoilers" in the title. @Colleen&Potato, you should be able to do it, the mods can too.
Updated! I have no idea if I did that right, so please tell me!

ValleyGirl

Tiller
Don't get the reference to the cat.

Yep been down the skull cavern lots. I have crystallises generating jade so I can trade them for staircases. I've done two quests (level 25 & 100) and want to go beyond. So far made it to level 130. Have got 800 staircases and wonder how far you can go if you get there first thing with a warp totem.

Boo1972

Farmer

Yep been down the skull cavern lots. I have crystallises generating jade so I can trade them for staircases. I've done two quests (level 25 & 100) and want to go beyond. So far made it to level 130. Have got 800 staircases and wonder how far you can go if you get there first thing with a warp totem.
I think he means the statue of perfection you get from Grandpa’s shrine after you get 4 candles. Not to be confused with the statue of true perfection or the statue of endless fortune.

Well you can get really far. @FilthyGorilla gets very deep using pause buffering and staircases. Now, I don’t do anything but spam staircases and get to around floor 300. I like exploring though so I usually end up in the 200’s. But that’s nothing for some farmers.

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
I got Perfection in a multiplayer game and honestly it was way less intensive than I thought it would be. The biggest thing is just making enough money, while the other stuff can be broken down into parts of the game that you'll likely come across/work towards anyway!

In multiplayer, the goals get split up among the players, so I only had to worry about half the goals, but that's not a bad way to work on them; just pretend you have certain goals and then work towards 'em one at a time! I had to cook all the recipes, make all the friends, and I think one other specific thing. I remember my bf had to craft everything which was a bit more time consuming since you have to do some quests to get all the crafting recipes. Getting all the buildings and stuff just took enough good days with wine and cheese... and mayonnaise...

Luckily I didn't have to do monster slayer on my own because my internet is garbage and going to the mines is a laggy mess in multiplayer

bigtiddyggf

Greenhorn
How did you get perfection (for those of you who have)? I feel like all of the smaller steps of it are interconnected, and as a result, I don’t know where to start. I’ve already sold at least one of all crops/animal products/ores, so at least I have that going for me.
i went to the stardew wiki and wrote like 11 pages of every single thing i had to do to achieve perfection, it has made it so much easier lol

Yeah, maybe because a lot of people call it the Statue of Endless Convenience these days. Maths has shown that it does not see a profit until a minimum of 6 years, but more likely 8.5 years on average.
If you remember to use it! I forgot that I had bought one until recently…

imnvs

Local Legend
If you remember to use it! I forgot that I had bought one until recently…
Every day I wake up, stop by the kitchen to say hello to my spouse and pick up my 1 free coffee/day from the coffee maker. After that I use my scepter to teleport to the front porch because I abuse the f*** out of that thing, whistle for my horse and off I go to my gold shed which has inside it my Statue of Perfection, my Statue of True Perfection and about 100 Statues of Endless Convenience.

I do not forget. 😉

Every day I wake up, stop by the kitchen to say hello to my spouse and pick up my 1 free coffee/day from the coffee maker. After that I use my scepter to teleport to the front porch because I abuse the f*** out of that thing, whistle for my horse and off I go to my gold shed which has inside it my Statue of Perfection, my Statue of True Perfection and about 100 Statues of Endless Convenience.

I do not forget. 😉
I thought I was the only one who did the scepter thing! I’m lazy, I don’t want to move my thumb to walk out of the door! If my brothers ever wander in while I’m playing, they say “you are literally three steps away—why teleport?”.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend

Yeah, maybe because a lot of people call it the Statue of Endless Convenience these days. Maths has shown that it does not see a profit until a minimum of 6 years, but more likely 8.5 years on average.
I calculated that it takes longer, I might have done somethign wrong and notify me if I did but I averaged out the profit to be around 374g per day, nto including the birthday gifts as most are pretty redundant so the total might be around 400-410, even with 410 it's still closer to 20 years.
I could have gotten it wrong but I don't see how the answer could be even close to 6/8 years.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend

Depth depends pretty much solely on skill and platform, the latter will be the holdback for basically most people as it is only possible to get superr deep down in SC on PC, sadly it's a reality as there is a ratio of time staircasing to benefit of getting deeper and for switch it's about 330, mobile about 250, sometimes more if you are good, console is a bit mroe grey but I'd say perhaps 250-400 from experience with console players, PC it's about 2200 if you are quite good at pause buffering, sometimes deeper, on pc the only holdback is your fingers and reaction time, my deepest is 1214 levels but I reached 1100 by 2 and that was with pretty poor pause buffering, which is the reason PC players can get so deep.