Some suggestions from a player who absolutely loves Stardew Valley ❤️

lauuluca

Greenhorn
Hello everyone!

First of all, I want to express my deepest respect and appreciation for my all-time favorite game. Thank you, ConcernedApe, for all the dedication, love, and hard work you have put into creating this masterpiece and building such an amazing community around it.

I wanted to share some suggestions I have thought about during my many, many hours of playing Stardew Valley (and trust me, there are quite a lot of them!). These ideas are not necessarily meant for 1.7 specifically, but rather for the future of the game in general.

I want to start by saying that when you play Stardew Valley, you don't just play a game. You become part of it. You become part of its story, its community, and the everyday lives of its characters. You grow alongside the villagers, and you start caring about them as if they were real people.

That is why I would absolutely love to see more conversations about the characters' pasts. I wish every NPC had a deeper, more developed personal story, because I genuinely believe that learning more about them makes you love them even more. We have examples like Kent and Jodi, or George, whose personal stories add so much depth to the world. I would love to see every villager receive the same attention, including our beloved couples. How did they fall in love? How did they end up living in Stardew Valley? What were their lives like before we arrived?

I also think Gunther deserves a proper story. He is a scholar and a museum curator, not exactly the kind of person you would expect to find in a small rural town without a more interesting background. I would love to learn how he ended up in Stardew Valley and what his life was like before the museum.

Here are some other things I would love to see in future updates:

- **A real home for Linus and Leo.** I would love for Linus to have the option of getting a proper home, if that is what he wants, and for Leo to have a real house of his own, just like Pam and Penny got the opportunity to improve their living situation. Of course, Linus's choice should be respected, since his connection to nature is an important part of who he is.

- **More freedom for Dusty.** I would love to see Dusty have more opportunities to explore and interact with the world, rather than being confined to the same small area.

- **Consequences for disappointing the community.** I would love a story path in which our choices have a real impact on the villagers' trust and happiness. Stardew Valley is about community, and I think our decisions should sometimes have consequences beyond money or friendship points.

- **Pierre's personal struggles.** I would love to learn more about how Pierre struggles to keep his shop running, what his ambitions are, and what really happens behind the scenes.

- **The history of the Community Center.** How did it fall into such a neglected state? What role did it once play in the lives of the villagers? I would love to discover its history and understand why it means so much to the community.

- **Joja's arrival in Stardew Valley.** How did JojaMart establish itself in such a small town? How did the villagers react when it arrived? And why does choosing Joja feel like choosing money over the happiness of the community? That contrast is such an important part of the game's story. Our character leaves the stressful, corporate life of Zuzu City precisely because they want to escape that kind of world. I would love for this theme to be explored even further, with more meaningful consequences for choosing one path over the other.

- **Family visits during the holidays.** I would absolutely love it if our parents could visit us during special occasions, such as Easter or Christmas. Even a small letter, a phone call, or a special event involving our family would make the world feel so much more alive.

- **Longer and more interactive festivals.** The festivals are charming, but I wish they lasted longer and offered more activities, conversations, and things to discover. I would love to spend more time with the villagers during these special occasions instead of feeling like the festival is over before I have had the chance to enjoy everything.

- **More clothing options during festivals.** It would be amazing if our character could dress up in outfits similar to those worn by the NPCs during the Flower Dance. Small details like this would make festivals feel even more immersive.

- **More interaction with our children.** This is something I would love with all my heart. I wish we could have more meaningful dialogue with our children, pick them up and hold them, take them outside into the garden, and spend more time with them as they grow up. I would especially love to be able to take them to Ginger Island and have little family adventures together. Our children are part of our family, and I would love for the game to let us feel that connection more deeply.

I know this is a very long list, and I understand that every feature takes time, effort, and careful consideration. I am not expecting all of these ideas to become reality, and I know that some of them might not fit everyone's vision of the game.

I simply wanted to share them because Stardew Valley means so much to me. What makes this game truly special is not just farming, making money, or completing collections. It is the feeling of belonging somewhere, discovering people's stories, building relationships, and becoming part of a little community that feels like home.

Honestly, Stardew Valley is already an incredible game, and I think that is exactly why I can imagine so many more possibilities for it. I would love to spend even more time in this world and discover more of the stories that make it so special.

Thank you for reading my suggestions, and thank you again, ConcernedApe, for creating a game that has brought so much happiness to so many people. ❤
 
Top