Slime Egg Won't Hatch

Heyo! Trying to hatch a slime egg outdoors. I've already successfully hatched a green egg but every time I put the purple egg in the incubator it pops back up as a normal egg a few days later. What am I doing wrong?

Max

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
What do you mean it pops out as a “normal egg”

are you putting a purple egg into the egg incubator and getting a different coloured slime or some sort of glitch?

Jusher61

Greenhorn
Heyo! Trying to hatch a slime egg outdoors. I've already successfully hatched a green egg but every time I put the purple egg in the incubator it pops back up as a normal egg a few days later. What am I doing wrong?

Max
Yes, me too!
I had a look on a couple of the Discords and there's a handful of folks there having the same issue as well.
For me, it's any colour egg that is coming back to me.
I do play with mods, so I've done several things to try and check this myself. I spawned 3 slimes - 2 females, 1 male - they're breeding (or at least, they're trying) but after 4 days, no babies so this is unusual for them :-/
I removed the spawner mod, changed the hutch floor, tried the incubator inside, outside, all no change.
I run automate, so I removed that, no change. I don't have any other animal/monster mods.
I tried going through my Smapi log - double dutch :hmm:

Anyone got any idea??