Windows SDV 1.6 - Players inside the Bus can collide with map warps and soft-lock the game

Aeywoo

Tiller
Howdy there, I'm a mod maintainer/curator for the Walk to the Desert Redux Mod, this bug report is about the Bus feature in-game that has drastically changed between SDV 1.5.6 and SDV 1.6, these changes have caused the bus to soft-lock a players current day/game if the bus collides with a warp placed in its way on the Desert map.

Between these two versions the buses behave differently in a considerably noticeable way, in SDV 1.5.6 If I placed warps along the edge of the road to the right of the Desert map and removed the barrier blocking that part of the map allowing the warps to function, whenever the bus ran through these warps nothing would happen to the player the bus animation would finish and the player would appear next to the bus.

With the introduction of SDV 1.6, the bus feature was reworked to remove or prevent the Bus animation from playing every time you walked into the Desert from a different map that connected to the right-hand side of the map, however by changing this functionality it appears to have changed how the bus and the player interacts with maps, when the bus runs over any warps on the road that is placed there, the player will interact with the warps regardless of the bus driving event that is ongoing and will teleport the player into the destination map of that specific warp, unless that map has a way to finish/end the bus animation (like the BusStop map in the provided example mod) the player is most likely going to get soft-locked in place and the only way around this is to quit and reload the game or do `debug die` in the SMAPI console, however if this were to occur in-game under Vanilla conditions it would only be resolved through a game restart and save reload, losing the players progress.

Reproduction Steps:
Load up a standard SMAPI 4.0.5 install with any Content Patcher version that supports SDV 1.6 and load the provided example mod "[CP] Desert Bug", I also suggest using CJB's Cheat Menu to unlock the bus award that you receive when you complete the "Vault" bundle in the Community Centre, once the bus is unlocked wait for Pam to arrive at the bus, take the bus to the Desert and the bug will present itself.

I hope this feature can be reworked and fixed to prevent this issue in future sub-patches of SDV 1.6 as I don't see any conceivable way around this and this feature basically ruins the point of Walk to the Desert Redux, thanks in advance!

Attachments