Save file transfer PC Mobile

duckinrat

Greenhorn
As I know you can transfer save files only if the versions on both devices are same. But it needs to be the same even to the third number of the version or the first two are okay? I mean, you obviously cant transfer a save file from 1.6 to 1.5.9 but are you able to do that from 1.6.9 to 1.6.0 (just an example)?

Lew Zealand

Helper
As I know you can transfer save files only if the versions on both devices are same. But it needs to be the same even to the third number of the version or the first two are okay? I mean, you obviously cant transfer a save file from 1.6 to 1.5.9 but are you able to do that from 1.6.9 to 1.6.0 (just an example)?
Unfortunately you can't. I'm testing the v1.6.9 beta version on one PC but I can't open that save in v1.6.8 on another PC, giving me a wrong version error. I guess there are enough encoding and other differences so even the small version number differences are too much.

duckinrat

Greenhorn
I think so, because if im not mistaking, the sub versions are just platform patches and theyre different for every device/platform

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Nope, there is no downgrading whatsoever

Luckily you won't run into this issue with 1.6 as all platforms will receive 1.6.9 at the exact same time, allowing for instant transferring