Switch Resources Out Of Bounds

Adrenalin997

Newcomer
I'm running Stardew Valley version 1.5.4 on the Switch. The details of my issue are below.
  1. Issue Part 1: I found that when I chopped down a tree to the left of the greenhouse on my farm, then the wood made its way under the greenhouse.
  2. Issue Part 2: I also noticed that when I chopped a tree down by my right fence, then the resources dropped out of bounds for me.
  3. NOTE: I had wood in my inventory, so the wood should have been able to be picked up.
  4. Version: 1.5.4.2
  5. Mode: Single-player
  6. In-Game Language: English
    Fence.jpg
    Greenhouse.jpg

Lew Zealand

Helper
Hello Adrenalin997 and Welcome to the Forums!

Unfortunately this probably isn't a bug as the Wood is out of your gathering range, though if you had a Magnet Ring or similar Magnetic buff, you'd be able to collect the some more or all of the Wood. The Inventory Full warning in the top screencap is likely from the Hazlenut and in the bottom screencap from the Pinecone.

To avoid this, a cool thing you can do when chopping a Tree is chop slightly towards one side of the Tree (Left or Right) and it will always fall in the opposite direction (R or L, respectively), even if you're chopping from above or below it. That way you can direct the Tree's fall to a spot that's in bounds or in range or not in the water.

Last edited: