REALLY need help with obtaining ONE large white egg!

BirdsToeEight

Greenhorn
Stardew Valley's been going great for me so far. I have a lot of cool things that I'm not gonna mention due to spoilers, however, I have 99% Produce and Forage Shipped, and I have one VERY pesky item that I need to ship in order to make it 100%. As you may have seen from the title, it's a large white egg. Animal farming is not really my thing due to my animals constantly burning through 68 tons of hay in a second, and especially not getting the high-end produce, so could you please tell me some easy way to get the egg itself without having to constantly feed my animals? I know the traveling cart exists, but I've been waiting so long due to RNG stuff. Thank you for your time and patience. P.S. I can't use the [number] codes because I'm a switch player.

wildandblue

Sodbuster
There isn't an easy workaround other than keeping your animals happy. How many animals do you have and do you need all of them? I wonder whether you have one or more silos, and whether you have the Big Coop, which will auto-refill the feeding trough. You still have to scythe grass to keep the silos filled but that's easy to do once a week.

Bonzai

Sodbuster
Letting your animals out of there coop
Feeding them
Petting them daily
These are all the things that raise your relationship level which will make them more likely to drop large white eggs.
(Ps. Keep a heater in your coop during winter it gets cold BRrrrr)

Jayamos

Farmer
If you get/craft plenty of grass starter (hit up Pierre) and put it down here and there by the coop, your chickens will eat that instead of hay (except in Winter when they don’t go out), and they will be happier. Stick a fence post or flamingo or something on top of several clumps so they don’t immediately eat all of it. You probably know this, but also make sure you have a white chicken.

chaskuchar

Sodbuster
a white chicken will lay a large egg when they have a heart. maybe not a full heart but that's my experience. and you get them to a heart by petting them maybe two weeks.