Rabbits should be able to breed

My counter to this is that ostriches are a barn animal and do require an incubator. If it can go one way, it shouldn't be too difficult to go the other way.
the barns are programmed to allow the animals in them to breed without a incubator. The coop is programmed so all animals in the can only breed using the incubator

So the ostriches breeding without the incubator is all due to the barns programming

Which is why the bunnies need a hutch, because they dont produce eggs

You make several really good points, and I agree with most of them.

However.
I and mog and several others already give our bunnies their own coop, and the bunnies are happy like that. Additionally, rabbits are the most expensive coop dweller, (even if they're free range bunnies) that I would easily shell out a bit just so the bunnies can breed. I mean, weve already bought enough to upgrade at least one coop to max, and purchased all these bunnies, I'm sure you can afford a little upgrade item that functions similar to a heater.

#2, I have a feeling that including an item in the next update would be easier to code and less resources in general to create, instead of creating an all new building for our furry fuzzballs . We all know ape has got a lot on his hands, so I think that if you wanted it that way (which I get and would be really cool), it would be more of a modding thing to do.
Yes you are right on both points, but personally i think a new building would still be better because it would add more verity to designing your farm when choosing to be a rancher type farmer. Rather than just having 4 coops for all the different animals

LRangerR

Local Legend
Yes you are right on both points, but personally i think a new building would still be better because it would add more verity to designing your farm when choosing to be a rancher type farmer. Rather than just having 4 coops for all the different animals
Like I said, this is why mods exist