Question Question about resetting hearts and heart events

Dragonheardt

Planter
Hi all,

Does anyone know how to reset a villager's (Abigail's) hearts to 0 and make it so the heart events are reset? I've recently downloaded a mod that changes Abigail's heart events and general dialogue pathway as you build a relationship with her, but I've already gotten her to 9 hearts in my game. I'd rather not restart to see the new mod in action. I know a mod (CJB Cheats Menu) that can reset hearts to 0 but not one that could reset the events as though they never happened to allow the game to trigger them normally from 2 hearts and on.

For reference, its this mod: Abigail - The Extended Unrated Director's Cut 8K Gold Limited Edition

LRangerR

Local Legend
Hi all,

Does anyone know how to reset a villager's (Abigail's) hearts to 0 and make it so the heart events are reset? I've recently downloaded a mod that changes Abigail's heart events and general dialogue pathway as you build a relationship with her, but I've already gotten her to 9 hearts in my game. I'd rather not restart to see the new mod in action. I know a mod (CJB Cheats Menu) that can reset hearts to 0 but not one that could reset the events as though they never happened to allow the game to trigger them normally from 2 hearts and on.

For reference, its this mod: Abigail - The Extended Unrated Director's Cut 8K Gold Limited Edition

They have to be your ex though, so idk how to do it to villagers that are not waifu material. I've never used it but I'm pretty sure it resets to 0 hearts.

Dragonheardt

Planter
They have to be your ex though, so idk how to do it to villagers that are not waifu material. I've never used it but I'm pretty sure it resets to 0 hearts.
I wish that worked. Unless it was changed recently the shrine will reset the character's ill-feelings and ex-status with you, allowing marriage again, but it doesn't allow you to view their heart events again. I have ways of reducing the hearts earned to 0, just not sure how to allow resetting the events to watch them again.

Dragonheardt

Planter
I'm pretty sure yo could edit the save file to set the heart events to unseen.

I don't know if there is a mod to do it.
I looked more into that and found a way to unsee the events by editing the save files. Thanks for the suggestion.

Dragonheardt

Planter
Can you or somebody else explain how to do that? I tried to follow the instructions from the stardew wiki, but I fail at point 2 "Install the Package Control extension for Sublime Text. " from "Edit a save"
Check out ConcernedApe's post about this. I believe this is what I used to figure it out. I also used it, and the Nexus Shiko mod guide to remove custom NPCs from my game when I didnt like them.

IntoxicHeart

Planter
Hi all,

I’m not certain if it will show the edited events, but there is a phone mod where you can call the NPC’s, and there’s an option to ‘reminisce’. You can then select the heart events you’d like to replay (which it also gives the dialogue options from the player again, if applicable towards those events).

Edit;; oof … I didn’t look at the original post date for this … so my suggestion is probably moot now. XD;;

Last edited:

Dragonheardt

Planter
I’m not certain if it will show the edited events, but there is a phone mod where you can call the NPC’s, and there’s an option to ‘reminisce’. You can then select the heart events you’d like to replay (which it also gives the dialogue options from the player again, if applicable towards those events).

Edit;; oof … I didn’t look at the original post date for this … so my suggestion is probably moot now. XD;;
All good. I figured it out with save file editing. For my purposes I wanted to reset rather than reminisce, but tbh Mobile Phone has updated to be more stable since the OP, so it works better than before now.