Question about fences

angelicboy

Tiller
This is going to be the dumbest question you've ever seen (and I hope this is the right place to ask it?) but which number fence xnb files correspond to each fence. i would assume fence1 is just the regular fence but what numbers are hardwood, iron, and stone? Also, I'm not sure how I've managed to do this but it appears as though I've lost some of the vanilla fence files :I So I'm wondering if anyone could hook me up with those?

mouse

Farmer
You're in the right place, and don't worry about dumb questions.

The fences are 1-Wood, 2-Stone, 3-Iron, 5-Hardwood. If the file you think you are missing is Fence4, it just doesn't exist. (There are several cases where 4 is skipped for some reason!) If you are missing any files, you can always reset your content files to get them back.

Once you've reset (if needed), you can just unpack once and leave your game folder alone forever after, as replacing files directly in the game folder has many disadvantages. Using Content Patcher (or JSON Assets, or even JSON Assets + Content Patcher) can get you a straight up replacement without overwriting any files directly, but can also do more, like letting you pretty up your fences seasonally or only outside. JSON Assets lets you add actual new fences without replacing the old ones too, which is pretty nice.

Feel free to ask if you have any more questions :)