Solved [Possible Bug] "Goblin Problem" quest changed?

BlueTrillium

Farmhand
Hi all -

Before the 1.5 update, when you first got to the witch's swamp and were blocked by the goblin/henchman, if you did not have a void mayo in your inventory you could fish there in the swamp and catch a void mayo that way. Usually for me at least it's been the very first thing you catch when you fish there (again, assuming you don't already have one in inventory).

But last night I was playing and just reached this point. I did not have a void mayo in my inventory. I fished for the entire rest of the day (which admittedly was only about half a day) and caught a void salmon and multiple catfish (it was raining, dunno if that's part of the issue or not) and some algae, but no void mayo.

Is this a bug? Or are we no longer given this little bit of help and need to make the void mayo ourselves?

Not a major deal - in fact I do have a void chicken already and went ahead the next day and gave him void mayo from that, so I am through the quest now, but I just found it odd that I appeared unable to fish up a void mayo like usual. But I thought it was a nice little touch in the game that it gave us this cool helping hand for folks that may not have a void chicken and/or access to the sewers to get one yet.

Various info:
PC, running 1.5.1, also running SMAPI and Content Patcher frameworks but no actual mods yet.
Single-player game, English, from Steam.
It was raining, late Spring Year 2, I did not have a void mayo in inventory, I *did* have the goblin book in the library and had read it before this, and I do own a void chicken.
In the past I don't know if I've run into the goblin on a rainy day before or not, but all the other circumstances were the same when I fished up void mayo from the swamp.

Last edited:

imnvs

Local Legend
It is possible that you were just unlucky. With a 25% chance each catch, however, that's some really, really terrible luck.

BlueTrillium

Farmhand
Aha, okay good to know! Sounds like a combo of bad luck plus maybe it being a rainy day reduced my odds because of adding catfish to the 'pool' of possibilities. Thanks!

*edit* Apologies, but how do I mark a thread as 'Solved'? xD Tried editing the first post but 'Solved' isn't one of the Prefix options that I could see.