Question Portrait Mod

TALK

Newcomer
I have a problem or I do not know if I am doing something wrong or I need to download something else, it happens that every time I install a portrait mod it is downloaded as a png, help I have been dealing with this for a few days. it is my first time installing mods of this type.

Kreeate

Rancher
I have a problem or I do not know if I am doing something wrong or I need to download something else, it happens that every time I install a portrait mod it is downloaded as a png, help I have been dealing with this for a few days. it is my first time installing mods of this type.
Hi. Please see this thread. In addition to the information required from there, could you also link to, or at least mention which particular mod you are trying to install?

Thanks!

chiribunny

Greenhorn
I would recommend downloading the mod Portraiture. It allows you to just keep folders of png's for your portraits under your Mods folder rather than using the xnb files. Because its a png its "unpacked" and needs to be packed. That can get complicated so Portraiture is much more convenient c:

Also I'm not sure which Portrait mod you are trying to install but just moving the whole Content Patcher mod into your mods folder with SMAPI is how you would run that.

hope i could help !

Vorple_Stardew

Greenhorn
I would recommend downloading the mod Portraiture. It allows you to just keep folders of png's for your portraits under your Mods folder rather than using the xnb files. Because its a png its "unpacked" and needs to be packed. That can get complicated so Portraiture is much more convenient c:

Also I'm not sure which Portrait mod you are trying to install but just moving the whole Content Patcher mod into your mods folder with SMAPI is how you would run that.

hope i could help !
idk if I'm just tired or what-- (it was late when i wrote this) but can you explain a little bit more lol?? so, to clarify, i got to download the portrait mod i want, and then instead of unpacking/unzipping it, i just-- shove it into the Portraiture folder? (btw do i have to unpack the Portraiture folder as well or no? I've been suffering trying to figure out how to get ANY portrait mod to work, even tried YT Tuts, but they were all rather confusing, even ones claiming to be easy, also, is it still gonna work if I've installed mods BEFORE installing a portrait mod or no?