Please Remove the 2 Player Splitscreen limit on Nintendo Switch

Niveka

Greenhorn
I'm the only one who owns a Nintendo Switch on our Neighborhood and my friends were thrilled to have the splitscreen update!, but sadly got disappointed since on Nintendo Switch its limited to 2 players only, it kinda seems unfair since other console versions support 4 players splitscreen. Please remove the limit! This would gladly make us the happiest

tomaO2

Sodbuster
I think the limit is there because it was difficult to make a 4 split screen work in the portable mode.

TruePurple

Cowpoke
Split screen co-op for PC exists.
Hmm so I hit Co-op, Host, started a game.
Now looking in settings I see "start local co-op" selecting it gives me.
press.jpg

What kind of keyboard key is that?

How many can play local split screen? Can you mix split screen and online?

Ereo

Helper

There is a description on the wiki.

Niveka

Greenhorn
I think the limit is there because it was difficult to make a 4 split screen work in the portable mode.
Nah, i know playing splitscreen in portable mode is darn small to the switch screen, but connecting/docking it to the TV really solves the problem 👌🏻

Odin

Staff member
I don't think the developers made this limit arbitrarily. Unfortunately the Switch just isn't quite as powerful as the PS4 or Xbox One, even when docked. I'm sure if it was possible to have 4 player splitscreen, we would have it. It is possible it's just a lot more difficult and we could see it in the future, but I wouldn't hold out for this.
What kind of keyboard key is that?
None! To play splitscreen on PC you press "start" on a connected controller at that point. You can't both play on the same keyboard.
How many can play local split screen? Can you mix split screen and online?
On PC, up to 4 people. And yes, on PC you can mix those, but the limit is still 4 people unless you use mods. This is getting a bit off topic though, if you have additional questions about PC multiplayer, feel free to create a thread in the Game Discussion section!