Perfection before end of year 2 - just ONE error

Ilune

Planter
Is possible hit the perfection (all 4 obelisks, golden clock, all fish, all friendship... ecc...) before the end of year 2?
In my bests plays, I usually hit the perfection between end of year 3 and first half of year 4.
What about you?

Elenna101

Farmer
This guy did - however he started at Year 2. So it's under two years, but not the first two years.
Yes, you can finish it in the first two years. The video you linked has him start at the start of year 2 and finish at the end of year 2.
Technically, the first day you can get the perfection cutscene is Spring 1 year 3, since you get the last recipe from the TV on Winter 28 year 2, and then you have to sleep a day to get the cutscene.

Elenna101

Farmer
The guy in the video used the jojo's route, isn't it?
Yep - in one year, and unseeded, it's probably only possible with Joja (or at least you'd have to try a bunch of times to get the right Qi quests). In two years it can absolutely be done with CC (proof: the CC can be done in year one and Haboo showed you can do everything else in year 2)

Yep - in one year, and unseeded, it's probably only possible with Joja (or at least you'd have to try a bunch of times to get the right Qi quests). In two years it can absolutely be done with CC (proof: the CC can be done in year one and Haboo showed you can do everything else in year 2)
You can't get perfection in 1 year as Filthy said you need all the queen of sauce recipes

MissDandy

Farmer
That sounds like a ton of work haha. I can hit it without too much stress by the middle to end of year 4 with planning, some planning at least. Otherwise it's year five. I'm a pretty casual player though.

Elenna101

Farmer
You can't get perfection in 1 year as Filthy said you need all the queen of sauce recipes
I was referring to the video linked above where someone got perfection in one year starting on the 1st of spring year 2 (he slept through year 1 and only checked the TV for recipes, nothing else).

EDIT: also it should be possible without checking the TV in year 1 and just checking every Wednesday and Sunday in year 2.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
I was referring to the video linked above where someone got perfection in one year starting on the 1st of spring year 2 (he slept through year 1 and only checked the TV for recipes, nothing else).

EDIT: also it should be possible without checking the TV in year 1 and just checking every Wednesday and Sunday in year 2.
I actually thought he just watched rerun recipes, it’s absolutely possible with no recipes before year 2, you’d just have to be really on top of watching recipes.

Ilune

Planter
Ok, now I try.
I started a new game, 4 corner farm.
I am at 22 spring, with barn, 4 cows, copper tools. I decided to focalize on cheese, because it's very profitable and require few work, so, welcome to the land of cows.
I will fill Ginger Island with ancient fruits, they are decently profitable by themself, and require only 1day/week of work. At the moment I'm searching for the first ancient seed from bugs in the mines, and I'm speed running for the greenhouse.
I choose the bat cavern, hoping for the fruits. Cross fingers. Anyway, I bought an apple sampling.
I check every friday and sunday the cart, I bought a coconut for the exotic forage bundle and all the rare seed I can afford: I will grow them with quality fertiliser to maximize them.
In the meantime, I stock wood, stone and fiber, I prepare and sell the tea plants and melt all the copper and iron. I have to plant some oaks for the resins.
In this game I decided tot fullfill Ginger Island with Rose's and beehives.

Let's see if I can achieve the perfection at year 3, day 1.

Elenna101

Farmer
I've been watching reruns for months and am still missing the maple bar recipe. It does not prioritize unknown recipes.
Are you on a multiplayer farm by any chance? On multiplayer it will prioritize any recipe that any farmer doesn't know, so if any farmer doesn't watch Queen of Sauce, then it'll just be random since they don't know any recipes.
On singleplayer it should always prioritize unknown recipes.

Ereo

Helper
Are you on a multiplayer farm by any chance? On multiplayer it will prioritize any recipe that any farmer doesn't know, so if any farmer doesn't watch Queen of Sauce, then it'll just be random since they don't know any recipes.
Adding on to that, even if you're on a single player farm and added a cabin for decoration, that already counts as a player who has not seen any of the recipes.

MogBeoulve

Farmer
Well, that explains it. Guess I'm waiting for summer 14, year 6 to get that recipe, then. Thanks.

Ilune

Planter
14 Fall, year 2.
I just bought the 4th obelisk, have all the recipes except the solar panel (I have to do some, but I'm growing the wood I need), and I have 3 sheds full of kegs and greenhouse and ginger island fullfill of ancient fruits.
I grinded the mines for dust spirit (burglar ring), slimes (immunity) and insects (ancient seed) in the summer/fall year 1. Grinding for ancient seed, copper, iron and coal bring me tgo obtain not one, but TWO prismatic shards (the first for the sword, the second for the museum)!
A mummy in skull cavern nicely drop me a red cabbage seed, so I grow it in home in a pot (with the quality speedgrow) and I completed CC at hald spring. I had all I need to repair Willy's boat, so I was at Ginger Island for the last week of spring.
Burglar ring helped me to obtain a lot of dragon teeth at GI, so I bought a banana sapling as soon as possible. And I found another one in a golden nut, an now I hav 2 of them in greenhouse.
I maried Penny, because emeralds are easy to found and if I havn't emeralds, any artifact is good - plus I can gift her an artifact a day and I have maximized her hearts.
I filled a shed with ananas in pots, and I hope I can send 100 of them for the end of the season to fullfill Caroline's request (and obtain the recipe for solar panel)
Now I'm planning some tips to the skull cavern with monster musk, hunting ghosts for omnigeodes (to trade for artifact trove - I need 3 artifacts to complete the museum).

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
I've been watching reruns for months and am still missing the maple bar recipe. It does not prioritize unknown recipes.
It absolutely does, it won’t show recipes you’ve had no way to learn yet though. Watching a rerun in fall yr 1 will not prioritize a recipe that airs year 2 that you would have never had the opportunity to watch

Alternatively multiplayer will look at any random player and pick a recipe they don’t know. An annoying thing is that cabins emulate players in this regard and simply having a cabin will make the game pick random recipes the non existent character that would occupy the cabin wouldn’t know.

If you want just destroy the cabin, learn the recipes from wednesdays and rebuild the cabin.