Forest Farm Overhill Farm

nicodeux

Farmer
Greetings everyone,

I would like to show you the place my farmer lives in. This is year 6. For a long time, he had lots of crops to grow everything that was possible each season, many animals and lot of work to harvest, gather, process and sell everything, missing time to visit the valley or meet the other town folks, his friends. One day, I realised that he was becoming like Joja, the very thing he has fought against when coming to Stardew Valley : he was everywhere, doing everything, trying to get more and more profit.

So I decided to completely redo the farm. I removed most of the crops, some of the buildings and I redesigned the farm to feel more like a walk in the woods and fields. Thus, my farmer had more free time and only had to focus on a handful of products: mead, beer, pale ale, (ancient fruit) jelly and caviar, because he is a gourmet. Here is the farm.
overhill_farm.png

The bee houses are scattered all around the farm, so bees are free to harvest nectar from whatever they want: trees, flowers... and the day all bee houses are all ready, gathering honey for my farmer feels like a pleasant walk.

There are flowers at the doorstep of the house, not to improve honey quality (it does, but as the honey is brewed into mead this is irrelevant) but to offer a sweet view to my farmer's beloved wife as soon as she leaves the house.

The two fields north of the Jumino's hut produces the wheat that is brewed into beer all around the year while the greenhouse holds the hop plants for the pale ale and the ancient fruits for the jelly.

The three ponds of sturgeons are also placed to be like garden ponds rather than fish ponds. I hope to be able to place benches near them. Nonetheless, the ponds produce sturgeon roe that is aged into caviar.

I neither had the heart to remove all fruit trees (especially the iridium ones) nor all animals, so I kept some of them to add a bit of life and diversity in the farm. They bring in extra cash to my farmer, but that's only a bonus.

The northern shed is where beer, mead, pale ale, jelly and caviar are produced (and part of it is then aged in the cellar) for a daily income ranging from 10k to 100k gold depending on how many batches are ready. The southern shed is only a place to relax and will soon become something similar to a japanese green tea house.

Finally, to allow my farmer to easily navigates through Stardew Valley and meet his friends, I built the obelisks in a field of grass to remind of the druidic monoliths (menhir) said to be placed on ley lines.

nicodeux

Farmer
Thanks. Autumn is my favourite season in Stardew Valley, so I took extra care of having the farm looking good in that season. :happy:

My, I LOVE your farm!!! ❤
It looks like my farm was supposed to look - like a beautiful landscape park. I also have the constant feeling that this striving for "achievement" and "perfection" is not so different from my previous "job" with Joja. Yes, okay, it was necessary for a certain time (8 years, as it turned out), because in order to make your farm a magic garden, you need a lot of things for which you have to work long hours and also earn money.
Funnily enough, I actually decided a few days ago that as soon as I have reached perfection, I want to throw a lot of things out: animals, stables, machines ... and only keep the beautiful and playful things. In this respect, I really like your background story: that your farmer is a gourmet and wants to please his beloved spouse.
Funny, too, that Emily is also my favourite in the game. She was the first bachelor/bachelorette I ever married. Now I have Maru, and I like her a lot too.
I have half a mind to "rip off" your layout, which of course I won't do. But what I will borrow is the aforementioned background story.
So far I have only seen one other farm similarly beautiful as yours is. 🌻

nicodeux

Farmer
Thank you very much for your kind words, I appreciate it. :heart:

I'm glad that you like Overhill Farm and the backstory of my farmer. This screenshot was taken right before I install update 1.5 on my computer, so things have change a bit on Overhill Farm since, though I tried to keep the same spirit. I shall share a new screenshot of it soon. 😊

nicodeux

Farmer
Greetings,

I wanted to share with you a new update of Overhill Farm, that has reached perfection (a long time ago though).
Cala_perfection_farm.jpg

The wheat field was expanded (for brewing more beer) and I added a mill in the middle of it for visual purpose only.
More bee hives were also added to brew more mead and the flower flavoured honey is now sold as it is.
The Island Obelisk joined its three fellows. The Golden Clock is hidden, because it does not fit with the overall design of the farm, but is mandatory for perfection.
I also changed some of the trees to add mohagany trees and a plantation of tea bushes to provide leaves for the tea house in the right bottom corner (screenshot of the interior in a next post).

My wife, Emiliy, is always happy to have crops of flowers when she stands on the porch in the morning. She can even see squirrels climbing the oak tree in front of the porch. To allow her (and myself) to wander in our farm, I made use of the opportunity to place furniture outside added in update 1.5, to add benches here and there, mostlly near ponds and water bodies, so we can have a break and look at the quietness and the water.

nicodeux

Farmer
Yes, the fabled update came! I was very busy of late, but I have more screenshot from this farm. Like the indoor of the farm with a special stewing place for Emily, an indoor greenhouse, a library and an aquarium.

Cala_1-14-2024_50751037.png