Off Topic Conversations

NextPaige

Planter
Who excited for upcoming anime seasons? Who’s here plays on Xbox? Who here plays D&D? Who here enjoys The Elder Scrolls? Who here is playing the new Five Nights at Freddy’s game? What’s your favorite book? What’s your favorite movie?

Lew Zealand

Helper
In order:

Not me
Not me
Not me (any more)
Hmmm, yes I do enjoy TES, currently playing visually modded Morrowind and vanilla Skyrim. But neither are my main drive just yet.
There's a new FNAF???
Like picking your favorite children. So an easy one! The Moon is a Harsh Mistress.
Hooh, tough one. I'm at Mom's house this week, so I'll go The Blues Brothers. Listening to her LMAOing at the police car crash scene is pure gold.

Who excited for upcoming anime seasons? Who’s here plays on Xbox? Who here plays D&D? Who here enjoys The Elder Scrolls? Who here is playing the new Five Nights at Freddy’s game? What’s your favorite book? What’s your favorite movie?
In order,
Me
not me
me
never played it, unfortunately
once again, never played it
Favorite series, Cradle, by Will Wight. I don't feel like linking it right now, but I'll probably do it later.
Oof, that's a hard one, but probably the original Pacific Rim movie.

My favorite movie is either Harry Potter Deathly Hallows part 1/2.
Ok, if you really want me to go off on a tangent, mention Harry Potter. I have SO many problems with that series. I won't begrudge you your enjoyment, but fair warning, the chances of a rant are very high when that series is mentioned.

Go on, continue with the rant.
You asked for it. Harry Potter is far from original, the magic system is ephemeral and ever-changing with few, if any limitations\rules, the storyline is boring, the character development is less-than-stellar, and it just feels mass-produced in every way. In a phrase, it is EXTREMELY popular.

Ok, off-topic once more. Time-out. Can we please give my poor hands a breather? I'm switching threads like a madman, trying to keep up, and I'm dying. Can we please combine these off-topic threads? I will do anything, I mean anything.

NextPaige

Planter
You asked for it. Harry Potter is far from original, the magic system is ephemeral and ever-changing with few, if any limitations\rules, the storyline is boring, the character development is less-than-stellar, and it just feels mass-produced in every way. In a phrase, it is EXTREMELY popular.
In my opinion, the few rules part just helps add to the unexpectedness of the story since you can’t expect something if there are no rules! IMO, Harry Potter isn’t about all about character development. I think each book is an individual adventure which leads up to the climax of the series in deathly hallows. Plus the magic looks cool ._.

In my opinion, the few rules part just helps add to the unexpectedness of the story since you can’t expect something if there are no rules! IMO, Harry Potter isn’t about all about character development. I think each book is an individual adventure which leads up to the climax of the series in deathly hallows. Plus the magic looks cool ._.
As I said, I won't begrudge you your enjoyment. Those are just my opinions on the topic.

I don’t know tbh. My fingers are getting tired too, but I’m just used to that. I play a lot of first person shooters!
Excellent, I've written over 2,000 words today and I'm getting annoyed. Do you want to merge them in some way? I really don't know how to go about it. Maybe delete the least interesting one and rename the other?

NextPaige

Planter
Excellent, I've written over 2,000 words today and I'm getting annoyed. Do you want to merge them in some way? I really don't know how to go about it. Maybe delete the least interesting one and rename the other?
Yes. Let’s just delete this one man. I don’t really know how to merge them, and I want to avoid everyone getting carpal tunnel. (Including me!)

Lew Zealand

Helper
Oof, that's a hard one, but probably the original Pacific Rim movie.
You know what, that was actually the first one that sprang to mind. It's definitely my favorite movie I've seen over the past few years.

Yes, I spent a lot of time watching the old Godzilla/Kaiju movies at a kid, they were weirdly always on the local independent TV channel on school breaks.