Newbie to forums

IntoxicHeart

Planter
I have noticed where you wish for more interaction between married couples. Why not in your mod have the following: Providing that you arrive in the bedroom at the same time that your spouse is heading for the bed, wouldn't it be far more interesting if . . . both of you shed your outer clothes (no more than what you see in the spa or Ginger Island beach; nobody gets into bed wearing their outside clothes), and then some marriage specific phrases appear. For example, Haley might say, "Not tonight dear, I have a headache." or "You smell like fish, go back and take another shower." or "Yikes, cold feet." or "Don't let the bed bugs bite." or "Did you brush your teeth before getting into bed." I can think of a hundred of these, including lovey-dovey ones, many made specific for the marriage partner, making it matter more who you marry. If one misses the time, say between 10 and 10:15, then all this never occurs, and you just creep into bed as usual at 2 in the morning. It would add a new aspect to the game to make one want to be home at a certain time, which is exactly what a marriage should be about anyway, rather than trying to collect that 'last little item' well past midnight.
I love this! Once I’m further along in my mod, I’ll look into how to go about implementing this. Have a couple ideas how to, but I’ll have to play around with things first to make sure things workout how I’m envisioning them. ^^ thanks for the suggestion!

Dr. eeL

Farmer
In my game, I have a cat. This cat can catch bugs, knows where I am headed so that it can lay down in front of the doorway that I'm trying to open, makes it into my bed every night, never goes outside when it rains, never leaves the farm property. It would seem to me that one could use the exact same programming for any child past the 'scooting around the house' stage. There could also be some occasional spontaneous laughter (kids laugh 100 times a day, but adults are too busy running their farms).

IntoxicHeart

Planter
In my game, I have a cat. This cat can catch bugs, knows where I am headed so that it can lay down in front of the doorway that I'm trying to open, makes it into my bed every night, never goes outside when it rains, never leaves the farm property. It would seem to me that one could use the exact same programming for any child past the 'scooting around the house' stage. There could also be some occasional spontaneous laughter (kids laugh 100 times a day, but adults are too busy running their farms).

The kids laughing I’ve thought about looking into and attempting (I’m not sure about the complexity involving being able to edit/add that audio coding in, so definitely need dive deep into that research). It’s a bit tricky though, since to suddenly hear spontaneous child laughter can freak a player out (especially if player has played horror games/watched a lot of horror stuff, and there being child laughter in them lol).

Dr. eeL

Farmer
It doesn't have to be "toxic" laughter, like in a pirate's den. Just something extra to enrich the parent's ears, about as loud as the buzzing of the bees in summertime. Maybe instead of a real laugh, it's a twice a day cry of surprise, excitement and play. If you pet a duck, it gives off a quack. Maybe some kind of pleasant sound if you touch your child. If you master the sound effects idea, for very young children still in the crib that one picks up and tosses, a bit of laughter here is also appropriate.
P.S. "Overlord chickens" have taken some damage. Read Middlewalk chapter 11 to read about Hoppy the frog and Mrs. Cluck in the "feather wars".

IntoxicHeart

Planter
It doesn't have to be "toxic" laughter, like in a pirate's den. Just something extra to enrich the parent's ears, about as loud as the buzzing of the bees in summertime. Maybe instead of a real laugh, it's a twice a day cry of surprise, excitement and play. If you pet a duck, it gives off a quack. Maybe some kind of pleasant sound if you touch your child. If you master the sound effects idea, for very young children still in the crib that one picks up and tosses, a bit of laughter here is also appropriate.
P.S. "Overlord chickens" have taken some damage. Read Middlewalk chapter 11 to read about Hoppy the frog and Mrs. Cluck in the "feather wars".

Oh, I know not that type of laughter. lol. Just the sound of child’s laughter can be a bit surprising in video games. You brought up a good point about something that I didn’t consider. I could start out with attempting audio for when the farmer picks up the baby (when in crib). Then, when the farmer interacts with the child once the child is crawling and then later in its speed demon phase, to have there being audio with that. Similarly, as you pointed out with when petting the ducks. Possibly, when the child sits down and starts to play with toys (during the crawl phase), having that also be when the child will occasionally laugh/giggle.

… not the Overlord Chickens. I dare not face the foe that can take on the Overlord Chickens.

I will look into Middlewalk. My interest is now peaked.