Newbie to forums

IntoxicHeart

Planter
I completely overlooked this section, and forgot to post here beforehand. XD;

I go by Toxic, and I only just recently joined this forum. For the longest time, I only played SV on console (first Xbox and then Switch), and now that my laptop has been repaired, I play on PC as well. Yes, SV has been purchased three times. ^^; I just love this game that much.

This community seems like an amazing bunch, and I’m looking forward to being a part of it. c’

I have recently decided I wanted to get into modding, and I have massive idea in play for a massive mod that’s a dialogue overhaul and story mod with added events (which I am also going to be adding a new character, and that entails sprite and portrait work). I have begun working on it, and currently working on the dialogue aspect. Side note, this is my very first ever modding, and I’m very excited about it, even with how massive of a project it is.

Don’t know if this is really all that important, but figured to include it in for the heck (hopefully it’s okay to use that word, if not, please let me know and I’ll edit) of it;
Concerning pronouns with me, I go by either male (he/him) or female (she/her). I don’t mind which, since I’ve had both used for me in the past *a lot*. ^^

I go by Toxic, and I only just recently joined this forum. For the longest time, I only played SV on console (first Xbox and then Switch), and now that my laptop has been repaired, I play on PC as well. Yes, SV has been purchased three times. ^^; I just love this game that much.

This community seems like an amazing bunch, and I’m looking forward to being a part of it. c’

I have recently decided I wanted to get into modding, and I have massive idea in play for a massive mod that’s a dialogue overhaul and story mod with added events (which I am also going to be adding a new character, and that entails sprite and portrait work). I have begun working on it, and currently working on the dialogue aspect. Side note, this is my very first ever modding, and I’m very excited about it, even with how massive of a project it is.

Don’t know if this is really all that important, but figured to include it in for the heck (hopefully it’s okay to use that word, if not, please let me know and I’ll edit) of it;
Concerning pronouns with me, I go by either male (he/him) or female (she/her). I don’t mind which, since I’ve had both used for me in the past *a lot*. ^^
Hello, welcome to the forums. I hope you have fun here! Here's to hoping your modding project goes well!

haywud

Farmhand
I don't typically reply to things like this, but I figured why not. I was going to make a joke about you buying the game three times, but there are games where I have just as many copies if not more. For example I have about 5 copies of the original Final Fantasy 7, 2 on the PS1, digital versions on both PS3 and PS4, then that FF7 and FF8 combo pack on Switch.

I like the idea of your mod. While playing recently, I couldn't help but wish that there were more scenes and events between characters. Like the single characters each have multiple scenes and events, but those that aren't a marriage candidate just feel limited so any expansion on that would be cool in my book. I'd offer up help, but the most I've done with modding are simple things for Sims games that are just a matter of changing a simple value lol.

As for your pronoun, I'll just call you a person. Well I mean that's what you are right? Things like your gender, skin color, or anything similar will have no affect on how I would see you as a person because either way you're just another person to me and I know it may sound cheesy but it is what's on the inside that counts.

Dragonheardt

Planter

Welcome! I think you might find it fairly common (or you've already found it common) that people have multiple copies of this game so you're not alone there. Start out on console then we are drawn to the PC version for modding after a vanilla playthrough :P

NextPaige

Planter

I’m new to the forums too!

IntoxicHeart

Planter
I don't typically reply to things like this, but I figured why not. I was going to make a joke about you buying the game three times, but there are games where I have just as many copies if not more. For example I have about 5 copies of the original Final Fantasy 7, 2 on the PS1, digital versions on both PS3 and PS4, then that FF7 and FF8 combo pack on Switch.

I like the idea of your mod. While playing recently, I couldn't help but wish that there were more scenes and events between characters. Like the single characters each have multiple scenes and events, but those that aren't a marriage candidate just feel limited so any expansion on that would be cool in my book. I'd offer up help, but the most I've done with modding are simple things for Sims games that are just a matter of changing a simple value lol.

As for your pronoun, I'll just call you a person. Well I mean that's what you are right? Things like your gender, skin color, or anything similar will have no affect on how I would see you as a person because either way you're just another person to me and I know it may sound cheesy but it is what's on the inside that counts.
Nice! I used to have a copy for the PS1… it was a bday gift for me the year of its release in the US. Unfortunately, I had a <few choice of words> so-called ‘friend’ who stole it, and a lot of my manga and anime collections. I wasn’t able to ‘prove’ it, but there was no other logic explanation to why those things suddenly *poofed*. I’m going to be buying the digital copy for PS4 though, but I still miss my original hard copy of it. Plus, there’s the sentimental value that it had.

I have a few different copies of the DMC series, 1 - 4. 1 - 3 PS2 and PS3 (hard copies), 4 Xbox 360 (hard copy), and then 1 - 4 PS4 (digital copies).

And thank you for the comment on my mod! ^^ Don’t know if you know, but there is a mod nexus that sets up pairings between some of the vanilla game bachelors and bachelorettes, and Marnie and Lewis. They have their own cutscenes, and with the stories of some of them going up to where they get married and have children. ^^ It doesn’t touch other NPC’s outside of vanilla game (like none from SVE or Ridgeside), as well as other than Marnie and Lewis, doesn’t do anything with the non-marriage candidates. Oh, but it does have it where if those specific pairings in that mod date/get married, it’s acknowledged by other NPC’s (especially the families). So, it is a bit immersive.

Here’s the mod:https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/6200

I do recommend it if you haven’t already. ^^

As for my pronouns, I saw someone else mention it, and I have been asked in the past, so I figured I’d include it. I just don’t want to be referred to as ‘they/them’. Nothing against those who do, I’d just prefer not for myself. ^^; I won’t get upset or anything if I am referred to as such though. Also… who says I’m a ‘person’? >w> I could be a gremlin-thing. … I did have something cooler and better in mind to type, but I just as quickly forgot it. Heh. But I digress. You can refer to me as person or Toxic. XD Even though I did mention the pronoun thing, I’m not overly picky either. Just was throwing it out there.

Welcome! I think you might find it fairly common (or you've already found it common) that people have multiple copies of this game so you're not alone there. Start out on console then we are drawn to the PC version for modding after a vanilla playthrough :P

This game is definitely just that amazing! I still need to finish my playthrough on my Switch, since it’s closer to being 100%’d than my Xbox One copy. Because I’m going to be doing that on my vanilla games on consoles, I’m not going to aim for that on my PC (especially since those lovely mods are there and so much fun!).

For a while, I was envious of pc players, and after watching DF’s Stardew videos on YT, it made me want to play with mods even more. Sooo happy my laptop got fixed in July. Plus, I’m able to work on digital art again (still love traditional art though).

I’m new to the forums too!
Welcome to the forums! ^^ It’s a wonderful and happy place.

HyruleHero97

Cowpoke

I've actually bought the game 5 times. Once on Steam, twice on Switch (When I bought a Switch Lite, I had the great idea just to make a new Nintnedo ID, I promise I am smart.), once on PS4, and once on mobile.

IntoxicHeart

Planter
I've actually bought the game 5 times. Once on Steam, twice on Switch (When I bought a Switch Lite, I had the great idea just to make a new Nintnedo ID, I promise I am smart.), once on PS4, and once on mobile.
I’d be buying it on mobile as well, but the storage on my phone is on the slightly lower side. Not too low or anything, but still enough. I actually have no mobile games on my phone lol

I do plan on buying it on PS4, since I have a friend who lives in the UK that bought it on the PS4.

Side note - I was confused initially about what you meant by creating the new ID, and then I remembered how Nintendo accounts work, and the whole only ‘one system’ per ID/account thing. Which reminds me, I need to look into if I can still play games on my 3DS, or if I’m unable to since I have a Switch (I only have one Nintendo account).

Dragonheardt

Planter
Side note - I was confused initially about what you meant by creating the new ID, and then I remembered how Nintendo accounts work, and the whole only ‘one system’ per ID/account thing. Which reminds me, I need to look into if I can still play games on my 3DS, or if I’m unable to since I have a Switch (I only have one Nintendo account).
This Q&A seems to answer that question, in reverse: https://gaming.stackexchange.com/qu...do-account-on-a-switch-is-there-any-benefit-i

IntoxicHeart

Planter
Intro posts like this one are a good place to mention pronouns if people wish! Signatures could also be a good spot if it comes up often.
Woot. Good to know I did put it in a goo place. ^^

Welcome to the forums! 😋 Glad you are here. Your avatar is so cute! The white really complements the blue and pink in it, by allowing them both to stand out equally!
Awe, thanks mate. ^^ Blue and pink are two of my favourite colours actually.

Looks can be deceiving, but a pretty white bear does not seem very toxic to me (even with 2 cute little teeth). You probably like bamboo. And . . . as I read some of your posts, I would vote "nice" over "toxic".
Those two cute little teeth might be ‘cute’, but don’t let them fool you, they’re sharp. >:3 Same with those black claws.

Naah. Bamboo is for the bandit ninja bears.

And thanks mate. I actually was not expecting to receive comments such as that (you and a couple of others have all said similar things to me). ^^ Not a bad thing, just not expecting it. It does make me happy though.

Dr. eeL

Farmer
I have noticed where you wish for more interaction between married couples. Why not in your mod have the following: Providing that you arrive in the bedroom at the same time that your spouse is heading for the bed, wouldn't it be far more interesting if . . . both of you shed your outer clothes (no more than what you see in the spa or Ginger Island beach; nobody gets into bed wearing their outside clothes), and then some marriage specific phrases appear. For example, Haley might say, "Not tonight dear, I have a headache." or "You smell like fish, go back and take another shower." or "Yikes, cold feet." or "Don't let the bed bugs bite." or "Did you brush your teeth before getting into bed." I can think of a hundred of these, including lovey-dovey ones, many made specific for the marriage partner, making it matter more who you marry. If one misses the time, say between 10 and 10:15, then all this never occurs, and you just creep into bed as usual at 2 in the morning. It would add a new aspect to the game to make one want to be home at a certain time, which is exactly what a marriage should be about anyway, rather than trying to collect that 'last little item' well past midnight.