New to Stardew Valley

Tom

Rancher
Despite being the first kind you discover, Regular Sprinklers aren't worth the effort. You'll just be replacing them with Quality Sprinklers very soon so you'll have wasted your materials. Use Quality or Iridium Sprinklers.
A few basic Sprinklers are fine and can be used for flowers later. I agree it's not wise to delay the push to Quality Sprinklers. But in the long term, eventually an old Farmer may want to reorganize to Iridium Sprinklers etc anyway. So there is some value to relatively temporary stuff.

Last edited:
Do you arrange them in a 50% coverage 3x3 grid identical to your Quality Sprinkler field?
Code:
 X  X  X
XSXXSXXSX
X  X  X
X  X  X
XSXXSXXSX
X  X  X
X  X  X
XSXXSXXSX
X  X  X
I've tended to tessellate them, but considering space is rarely a limiting factor at that time I like your arrangement substantially more. Thanks for the idea!

LRangerR

Local Legend
Embrace the Wiki! It has all of the info you need. Don't be afraid to use it.

Also, screw Joja Mart
I must disagree with you sir. See my previous post in this thread, but also the wiki takes away much of the enjoyment and exploration of the game, which has so much to offer. If you're looking for a quick fix of a game, then sure, go for it. But Stardew has such a long shelf-life and is technically not goal-oriented, so that it doesn't rush you at all (use a diamond to get re-graded by grandpa). You can learn or find almost everything you need to know by just playing the game (with the exception of parrot island, curse you flying rats). So why not take your time and just enjoy the ride?