New PC player! Need some help

shurpresa

Tiller
So with the release of the 1.5 version, I jumped from the mobile to the PC game, started a new farm and well... I need some help becuase I cant figure out how to:

- Zoom out even more than allowed? I only get 75% zoom and I feel like it is still so close.

- Is it posible to enable automatic fighting?

- AND MOST IMPORTANT, on mobile when you click a rock it switches automatic to the pick and then on a log and switch to the axe, is this not possible on pc?? I will die

Thanks so much! I might add new questions as I keep playing

Ereo

Helper
No, I think automatic fighting and switching to the right tool were implemented on mobile only, to make up for the touchscreen control.

I have the sword on 1 and the pickaxe on 2 when mining, that way I can switch quickly.

Lew Zealand

Helper
I played PC for years before using it on mobile and some things are nicer on mobile:

You can zoom farther out.
The tool is automatically chosen for what you're trying to break.

The first is a real annoyance on smaller monitors - my MP buddy only has 1440x900 and can't see nearly as much as I can on 2560x1440. It's a shame. The second is worked around by arranging your tools in a sensible way for you, and either using your scroll wheel to switch around (what I do) or use the number through + keys to get there directly (used at 1:50am in the Mines to hit the Return Sceptre and quickly duck in the house). However you will find yourself occasionally pickaxing your Ancient Fruit and cursing the gods in impotent rage.

And restarting your day.

Ereo

Helper
I haven't pickaxed my harvest since I turned on show hitbox location, that one really helps.

Odin

Staff member
- Zoom out even more than allowed? I only get 75% zoom and I feel like it is still so close.
Zooming on PC isn't really like mobile. The good news is that PC allows for modding! The bad news is I don't know of a zoom mod that's been updated for 1.5, but that doesn't mean there isn't one. And if there isn't, one will be updated soon enough. You can ask in the Modding Discussion section.
- Is it posible to enable automatic fighting?
I'd strongly suggest giving combat a try on PC. It's much, much easier compared to mobile once you get the hang out it. If you do give it a shot and find it's not for you, there's always the Auto Attack mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/7258
- AND MOST IMPORTANT, on mobile when you click a rock it switches automatic to the pick and then on a log and switch to the axe, is this not possible on pc?? I will die
Again, not available on PC. I recommend keeping your tools in the top row of your inventory and using the number keys or mouse scroll wheel to switch between them. If it's not something you're used to, it will take some time, but you can get to a point where you don't even think about switching tools. If you really can't get used to tool switching, there again is a mod for this: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/3883

It's interesting, these features only exist on mobile because the touch controls on that platform are far less optimal for the game, but it's very common for people to miss them if that's what they're used to. I promise that the controls on PC are designed such that these features aren't necessary for most people (everyone is different and for some these features are genuinely necessary, of course). If you have an interest in trying other PC games at some point, being familiar with the PC controls of Stardew will help a lot there. And not every game has the wealth of mods Stardew does :)

Edit: You did say you are new to PC, and I shouldn't have just linked to mods without providing the wiki's guide for getting started with modding:

shurpresa

Tiller
Thank you all for the answers, I will try to adapt to the new techniques, I am an often gamer so more or less I always adapt to new games or skills, saldy my gf only plays Stardew on mobile so she is having a hrd time switching between tools.

I am going vanilla so far Odin but thank you a lot for the mods I will show her so she can instal them!

Much love <3