New Goals For My Beach Farm

Originally, I just wanted to make a Joja-exclusive path, but now I'm invested in reaching the summit with this file too, so a little of everything will go on this map eventually, but I have another specific goal in mind to give this farm some identity and because I personally cannot think of a more optimal way to use the space for profit since sprinklers are a no-go for most of it.

I'd also like to make a fish pond for almost every unique RNG resource certain fish can provide like Blobfish for pearls, Super cucumbers for iridium ore and amethyst, Lava Eels for magma geodes, even Rainbow Trout for 1 prismatic shard every 10 or so years, lol.

I'm not making ponds for fish that only provide roe and no other items, except for Sturgeon due to the caviar, and I'm not making duplicate ponds to account for species. For example, I will eventually have a pond for Lingcod because it may provide bug meat, but not ponds of Pike or Dorado because they provide the exact same RNG and items, but the latter 2 roe's are less profitable. I might let go of the Sturgeon in lieu of lava eels if I have to.

I'd also like a pond for fish that are specifically required for certain cooking dishes, like tuna, Salmon, Sardines, Etc. I think I can live without ponds for mussels, clams, snails, and shrimp because of their fairly good chance to be caught in crab pots, but I might get ponds of lobsters and crabs and whatever else I may be missing.

I will also forego midnight squid because even though they provide more squid ink that regular squid, the latter are required for cooking calamari.

I'd like some help making a checklist of how many ponds I will need in total.

Note: I'm open to moving the barn and coop and silos further down in the lower right area if I need room, there will be 4 junimo huts someday for the sprinkler patch to the left, maybe a shed or two for kegs once I get to Ginger Island, a slime hutch will go on the farm somewhere someday, the shed being built is for preserves jars for all the roe I will be making soon.

I'm debating whether to include a larger honey plot or not. I am also mentally prepared to remove some pine and maple trees after I hit a critical mass of maple syrup and decide how much pine tar I really need in the future. The oak trees will also be either reduced or cut down after I hit a critical mass of oak resin.

EDIT: Also, I will put this file on ice once I get close to unlocking Ginger Island until 1.6 comes out.

Gene_1-14-2024_27975295.png

Last edited:
Funny enough, I also made a beach farm for my planned Joja route lol, but I've only made it a few days in so far. I usually only build a couple of ponds, for the caviar of course and then things I have bad luck finding - like stingrays for dragon teeth which I can so rarely seem to find - and then convert them to whatever best suits the farm aesthetic when their purpose is done. But I really like this idea for the beach farm in particular, I might borrow your idea for that save!

Antsy

Tiller
[/SPOILER]587, member: 56748"]
Funny enough, I also made a beach farm for my planned Joja route lol, but I've only made it a few days in so far. I usually only build a couple of ponds, for the caviar of course and then things I have bad luck finding - like stingrays for dragon teeth which I can so rarely seem to find - and then convert them to whatever best suits the farm aesthetic when their purpose is done. But I really like this idea for the beach farm in particular, I might borrow your idea for that save!
Not related to the farm, but as a hint for dragon teeth, do you know that a good source of dragon teeth is killing the lava lurkers? That's where I get most of them from. You won't get one every time, but pretty frequently.

ArtifactSpot

Fish ponds are fun but they are not big moneymakers. They don’t often or reliably produce items other than roe. If you are trying for perfection or finding certain items you will need other sources of reliable income or ways to find those items. If it’s a for fun file then they certainly are fun. Luck does play into them producing items, but it’s quite random. Some will weekly produce an item or two, some will never produce anything but roe even though the wiki says they have the possibility to do so.

The beach farm is fun and for money I suggest maximizing your greenhouse, the 200ish tile section of land that allows sprinklers and animals that are reliable moneymakers such as pigs or goats. There is a ton of grass that grows back quickly on the sandy areas too to keep them happy. Fishing is good on the beach farm, but not as reliable as fishing at the pelican beach or mountain lake for income. l tend to get more trash on the beach farm than those areas, but for late night fishing it’s a great back up.

I wish you much luck! Have fun! Don’t rush it, there’s no time limit. Perfection files can get so exhausting that you can forget to keep the game fun and enjoyable too. That’s the most important thing always is fun!🤩

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Looking good so far! I’ve been playing lots of beach as it’s probably my favourite farm, I’ve played enough of this game to start to hate the repetitive crop cycle so I try to be innovative each farm and do something different. I’m also making a LOT of ponds on my beach farm currently. My biggest tip for it is to make all your first ponds mussel ponds or some other beach forage that make seaweed so you don’t have to bother manually getting it.

nicodeux

Farmer
My biggest tip for it is to make all your first ponds mussel ponds or some other beach forage that make seaweed so you don’t have to bother manually getting it.
That's an interesting tip, thank you. I usually always have a good amount of seaweed and algae thanks to fishing. That is enough for me as I usually build my fish pond at a slow pace. This tip could prevent me from being stuck if I decided to build them faster. :thumbsup:

Replying to OP: I like the way you've organised your beach farm, aimed to efficiency.