Need help with Morels

Buck

Farmhand
So I guess the Morel of the story is, if you're not finding something, complain about it in the forums, that's a surefire way to make it appear!
Haha! Had been going to the secret woods for two weeks without any luck, so I posted this thread assuming my save was bugged or something and as soon as I posted the thread it pooped (edit: popped) up :toothy:

Last edited:

Quirinea

Farmer
This is part of the reason why I enjoy the mushroom cave over the fruit bat cave. Mushrooms are a lot harder to find and more niche, while you can grow every single fruit that appears in the bat cave (wild seeds plz)
I've tried fruit a few times and got a big disappointment every time. There seems to be something like a salmonberry a week, whereas the mushroom cave gives a steady flow of six mushrooms every time.

HaleyRocks

Sodbuster
In my game, morels showed up a number of times, in the Secret Woods area. I used to hold frequent trips there, for the hardwood, but both mushrooms and fiddlehead ferns, would sometimes show up. I got more than enough of anything to cook, tailor or utilize (community bundle? npc help? etc).

I made the farm cave into a fruit one and that, at least for me, worked wonders! I got a huge variety out of everything, especially the tree products and even out of season, ones! I also got the typical forage-able items (such as the couple of those berries you utilize better post the "bear knowledge" secret), spice berries and other stuff. Fruit cave was what helped me most, towards completing the community bundle (exotic?), too!

Maybe it's strictly RNG, yet every couple of days, the cave has something to pick up. And if i neglect visitting for a weak, then most of the times, the entire floor is littered with various fruit, even! Don't quote me on that, but Fruit Cave is the best, by far!

ArtifactSpot

I have a feeling this will become an increasingly common problem (and move the Farm Cave balance toward mushrooms) now that visits to the Secret Woods for Hardwood are not necessary. I recall in the past visiting the Secret Woods probably every day around the time of Year 2 Spring to get my 12 Hardwood per day.
Yeah in 1.4 besides the original hardwood on your farm in the beginning (unless you chose forest farm) the ONLY respawning hardwood was in the secret woods no Mahogany seeds fell from stumps, no GI hardwood trees, no dangerous mines hardwood in levels 40-60. It was really hard to get enough for stable, 2nd house upgrade and if you needed it for cheese presses and such. Took whole seasons or more.