Need help with Morels

Buck

Farmhand
For some reason, no morels are spawning in the secret woods. I'm currently in spring, I also have a golden clock if that changes anything.

Phate4569

Planter
Secret woods have a low spawn rate to begin with, and morels only account for 32% of all spring spawns there. Your best bet is to go every day and hope one spawns, be sure to pickup ALL spawned items so that the overnight spawn function doesn't reject them.

Also check the traveling cart every time it shows up.

LRangerR

Local Legend
This is part of the reason why I enjoy the mushroom cave over the fruit bat cave. Mushrooms are a lot harder to find and more niche, while you can grow every single fruit that appears in the bat cave (wild seeds plz)

Sigrah

Farmer
Secret woods have a low spawn rate to begin with, and morels only account for 32% of all spring spawns there. Your best bet is to go every day and hope one spawns, be sure to pickup ALL spawned items so that the overnight spawn function doesn't reject them.

Also check the traveling cart every time it shows up.
I don’t know if anyone else has noticed this, but the maximum foragibles I find in a given area per week has been 6, except for the eastern side of the beach. Curious if anyone has ever gotten more than 6 forages in a given week.

hexnessie

Farmer
But where am i going to plant all my trees?!? D:
The forest farm actually has a lot of tree space - both for fruit trees and choppables. It's only the tillable plots that are (somewhat) limited, everything else is abundant.

It's the first farm where I actually kept some trees without tapping them or chopping them down immediately - and the first time I had them turn into shrooms:

shroomery.png

Elenna101

Farmer
I don’t know if anyone else has noticed this, but the maximum foragibles I find in a given area per week has been 6, except for the eastern side of the beach. Curious if anyone has ever gotten more than 6 forages in a given week.
Yep, 6 is the max you can get in an area (except for the east side of the beach, and the farm if you're on the forest farm).

Also worth knowing that forage that spawns will stay for the rest of the week, and then it will all despawn after you go to sleep on Saturday. (IIRC, there are extra spawns before you wake up on Sunday to make up for that.) So one option is to just check the secret woods every Saturday, and that way you'll get all the forage. You might miss out on some forage if you would otherwise have gotten more than 6, but in my experience the secret woods rarely spawns more than 6 items a week anyways, and it'll save you some time walking there.

Tom

Farmer
I have a feeling this will become an increasingly common problem (and move the Farm Cave balance toward mushrooms) now that visits to the Secret Woods for Hardwood are not necessary. I recall in the past visiting the Secret Woods probably every day around the time of Year 2 Spring to get my 12 Hardwood per day.

Sigrah

Farmer
So I guess the Morel of the story is, if you're not finding something, complain about it in the forums, that's a surefire way to make it appear!
In that case, I want to complain about not having enough prismatic shards and how I need 100+ of them for…well…REASONS. 🙃