Naming your animals... do you use patterns?

Gilleafrey

Sodbuster
Do any of you use patterns in naming your critters?
For instance, in one game save, all my lizard names began with L and had some odd accented vowel at random.
Sheep I like to name for sheep breeds: Merino, Polwarth, Border Leicester, Blue-Faced L (Leicester but it gets long); Valois, Soay, Targhee, Churro, Dorper, Suffolk, Fresian, Cheviot, Jacob (those are the ones with All The Horns), Corriedale, Cormo, Cotswold...
Goats get named for goat noises, when I ran out of breeds I knew, past Nubian, Saanen, Barbary, Fainter, give way to Bêéée, Bleat, and Aaaahz

You?

Shar

Farmhand
My pet dog or cat and my horse get named after a unique or exotic fruit such as Kiwi, Kumquat, Mango, etc to keep with the farming theme. I used to do the same with coop and barn animals but that got to be too much so now I just use the first random name that I like. Plus I usually sell them when winter begins so I lose the name anyways till buying/incubating new ones in time for spring.

I always buy animals in pairs. I give them names based on the show: "steven universe" every pair gain a name of a ship. for example I gave my ducks the names: Steven and Coonie

Zaphira

Sodbuster
My dog and/or cat gets mostly names of pets I had in my life. The horses name is Plötze. German name for the horse of Gerald of Rivia from The Witcher-Game.

chicken: the first two are always Babette and Evelyn for rl-reasons.
ducks: I select only for the first one a name and I keep it. I raise them with incubator and sell them afterwards, no special names for them.
lizard: Dragonnames from World of Warcraft
cows, sheep and goats: named after people in my neighborhood. ;)
pigs: varying from playthrough to the next, depending on my mood.

Lew Zealand

Helper
I do word association on the suggested names from the game so I end up with random nonsensical names like Nardole, Boomchicka, Quackers, Bugblatter, Tushie, Shesaquack, Trilop, PineNut, Snickers, Caramello, Fabio, Satsuma, Butthead, Canard (not a duck), Birdo, and Wombat.