Wilderness Farm My first farm is now Year 16

IntoxicHeart

Planter
Oh wow! So lovely! I debated on using the wilderness farm, because I do like the map, but I didn’t want to have to deal with the monsters that apparently spawn there (I dealt with that enough in Minecraft before I had enough torches and such at night lol). Or so, I believe I read that in description of that map that monsters spawn in. How often do monsters spawn in, which monsters are they?

Hill Myna

Farmer
Oh wow! So lovely! I debated on using the wilderness farm, because I do like the map, but I didn’t want to have to deal with the monsters that apparently spawn there (I dealt with that enough in Minecraft before I had enough torches and such at night lol). Or so, I believe I read that in description of that map that monsters spawn in. How often do monsters spawn in, which monsters are they?
From the wiki:

All Combat LevelsCombat Level 0-3Combat Level 4-7Combat Level 8-9Combat Level 10
Wilderness Farm
Bat.png
Bat
Wilderness Golem.png
Wilderness Golem
Green Slime.png
Green Slime
Frost Jelly.png
Frost Jelly
Frost Bat.png
Frost Bat(Combat Level 5+)
Red Sludge.png
Red Sludge
Frost Bat.png
Frost Bat
Lava Bat.png
Lava Bat
Shadow Brute.png
Shadow Brute
Purple Slime.png
Purple Slime
Frost Bat.png
Frost Bat
Lava Bat.png
Lava Bat
Iridium Bat.png
Iridium Bat
Shadow Brute.png
Shadow Brute
Serpent.png
Serpent

https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Monsters

Here's another thread that you might want to check: https://forums.stardewvalley.net/threads/wilderness-farm.9370/

Monsters don't spawn super frequently, often times you'll have to go looking for them. They take a little while to kill when you only have a Scythe (the best weapon before Day 5), but their drops can be handy (such as Mixed Seeds from Wilderness Golems).

If you want to, you can check out the links in the table to find out what they each drop.

If you're going to use the Wilderness Farm, I suggest moving the Greenhouse somewhere a bit less out of the way (like @jele77 did). Having the Greenhouse take up the only big square of land drove me crazy, but 1.5 fixed that well, and in my opinion it's now a much more balanced prospect compared to the other farms!

Hope this helps!

IntoxicHeart

Planter
From the wiki:

Wilderness Farm
All Combat LevelsCombat Level 0-3Combat Level 4-7Combat Level 8-9Combat Level 10
Bat.png
Bat
Wilderness Golem.png
Wilderness Golem
Green Slime.png
Green Slime
Frost Jelly.png
Frost Jelly
Frost Bat.png
Frost Bat(Combat Level 5+)
Red Sludge.png
Red Sludge
Frost Bat.png
Frost Bat
Lava Bat.png
Lava Bat
Shadow Brute.png
Shadow Brute
Purple Slime.png
Purple Slime
Frost Bat.png
Frost Bat
Lava Bat.png
Lava Bat
Iridium Bat.png
Iridium Bat
Shadow Brute.png
Shadow Brute
Serpent.png
Serpent

https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Monsters

Here's another thread that you might want to check: https://forums.stardewvalley.net/threads/wilderness-farm.9370/

Monsters don't spawn super frequently, often times you'll have to go looking for them. They take a little while to kill when you only have a Scythe (the best weapon before Day 5), but their drops can be handy (such as Mixed Seeds from Wilderness Golems).

If you want to, you can check out the links in the table to find out what they each drop.

If you're going to use the Wilderness Farm, I suggest moving the Greenhouse somewhere a bit less out of the way (like @jele77 did). Having the Greenhouse take up the only big square of land drove me crazy, but 1.5 fixed that well, and in my opinion it's now a much more balanced prospect compared to the other farms!

Hope this helps!

Thank you very much! Very helpful! For some reason, I didn’t think to search the wiki about that … heh, oops. ^^;

I think I might do a wilderness farm some point now that I know more.

jele77

Farmhand
I definitely regretted to pick wilderness as my first farm. Every time i tried to do something late (fishing or planting) i got haunted by bats. One night early on i ran home exhausted from the mines and then a slime directly at the entrance of the farm killed me.

But I do love the layout and well we all make mistakes XD i do love this farm a lot