Wilderness farm ?

Johndeere756

Planter
Hello, one thing I like to do is play on each farm, and thinking I will try the wilderness next. I am thinking it may be my least favorite, but never know until I try. Warning potential spoiler , but my question is I know from a previous save that Emily comes in late sometimes if you are married. If I happen to be outside, does the monsters ever attack npc's? Thanks.

imnvs

Local Legend
The way spouse travel works, they teleport around the farm. On her way to work, if you follow her out the door less than a second later, it won't matter. She's gone. Same when she comes home. As soon as she would enter the farm map, bamf, straight to walking in the front door as seen from inside, but you won't see her for even a second if you're standing on the front porch waiting for her.

So, in short, no, your spouse will never be attacked if you have monsters turned on.

Johndeere756

Planter
The way spouse travel works, they teleport around the farm. On her way to work, if you follow her out the door less than a second later, it won't matter. She's gone. Same when she comes home. As soon as she would enter the farm map, bamf, straight to walking in the front door as seen from inside, but you won't see her for even a second if you're standing on the front porch waiting for her.

So, in short, no, your spouse will never be attacked if you have monsters turned on.
Thanks, I should have realized that as much as I have played, lol. I wonder about Robin though, I have seen her working late into the evening, sometimes outside. I am guessing they just ignore her, but sounds like I need to start a new game to make sure. I am always looking for a excuse to start a new file, lol.

Lew Zealand

Helper
Yeah I tried to catch Penny coming back late to the farm on tutoring days a whole lot of times and boy is she slippery, sneaking across the farm map into the house like a pro. The reason this is done is so the spouse doesn't destroy anything you've built on the farm as the NPC sprites are agents of destruction in their kaiju-like rampages through the rest of the map blasting all your carefully placed Kegs, Jars, and Crystalariums to little bitty pieces. They even have that speech bubble growl as they do it, adding to the immersion.

Boo1972

Farmer
I, too, have tried to catch my spouse coming home late at night. Well, not Elliot so much as he rarely seems to leave. But I’ve followed Sebastian past the bus stop to the farm only to have him warp directly into bed. I pushed by Sam to greet him as he stepped onto our property, only to find him at home, asleep. I haven’t even bothered stalking Penny. And never try to talk them as they stumble home. They won’t respond to you at all as they stagger by zombie-like, focused only on bed and sleep. I can respect that.

@Johndeere756, one of my favorite farms was my wilderness farm. I really love the layout. It is very frustrating at first, being attacked by monsters if you like to work into the night. I recommend chopping trees or animal husbandry at night as opposed to farming early game. I eventually blocked monsters from spawning at the witch’s hut.

LoveElliotsHair

Sodbuster
I love the Wilderness Farm and I married Abigail on that file. The golems and slimes are slow and you can run around them if you want to just avoid them. I do like to hatch slimes in the house as pets, but spouses always destroy them and I'm left with slime on the floor. They aren't attacked outside though.

Hill Myna

Farmer
If you like the layout but not the Monsters, you could uncheck the “Spawn Monsters on the Farm” check box in the Advanced Settings.

If you do this, you could spend time upping your Combat Skill to Level 10, and then re-enable Monster through the Witch's Hut, Shadow Brutes, Purple Slimes, Iridium Bats and Serpents will all spawn on your farm. If you have a particular interest in any of their drops, then the extra few that you find on your farm might be handy.

I hope you have fun on your new Wilderness Farm!