MultiplayerMod on Android!

Bigrob7605

Newcomer
Also, I have a question about adds I see in game since I installed the mod. My nortons went off and said that the mod had some security issues. During gameplay with loading screens I see adds for 2 services, these adds never showed up until I installed the mod. Could someone have placed malware or something in the mod by chance?. Norton said it found a Trojan.Injector.Win32.259429 inside the mod folder.

stardiu

Greenhorn
Hi, and sorry in advance, these issues are all so similar and hard to pinpoint that I have given up on this mod, and why this thread is quite dead (unfortunately!).
If only a few of all the talented Stardew Valley modders would look at the files and fix the issues, I'm sure we would have a stable mod in no time.
If anybody knows anyone, please do it. I mean, if one guy on his own can take it this far...
Pester the Vietnamese modder on his Discord, maybe he will actually finish it, maybe he has hit a wall due to lack of skill and that's why there hasn't been an update since last September.

stardiu

Greenhorn
Also, I have a question about adds I see in game since I installed the mod. My nortons went off and said that the mod had some security issues. During gameplay with loading screens I see adds for 2 services, these adds never showed up until I installed the mod. Could someone have placed malware or something in the mod by chance?. Norton said it found a Trojan.Injector.Win32.259429 inside the mod folder.
There is in fact an banner in the newest version of the mod, that isn't in there in the previous one, which links to the mod creator's website. I don't think it's harmful, as I noticed no strange behaviour with my phone. But the website itself condones piracy, so... judge yourself.

winduajipras

Greenhorn
Question, me and my wife love the mod. She only uses mobile. So we have no choice but to play mobile together. We do fine with it but, we go to bed and have to keep closing and restarting the game to start the day. No matter what we try, when bedtime comes, it does not allow the person who connects to the host to play. It just keeps saying waiting for other player. It also boots me out a lot at random back to the main screen and she has to close the game and restart for me to connect because my guy is stuck in bed, so she is not able to save when I get booted also and we lose all the progress due to the waiting for other player message.

Also, I have to keep going thru the toon creation screen and have to click the green checkmark. Is there anyway to work around these issues?.

Thanks in advance for any help!.
look at the clock, is gametime running well and sync??
if no please check solution on first page this thread

Flawless

Newcomer
We are trying to enter the game with my friend, but it either stays on the Connecting screen or gives an error. Can you help us, what are we doing wrong?

KrOzZ

Newcomer
We are trying to enter the game with my friend, but it either stays on the Connecting screen or gives an error. Can you help us, what are we doing wrong?
you have to create a farm, once you pass all the tutorial and appear in the bed you will have to exit the game and reload the farm, when you finish appearing is when your friend devera connect. if you have problems you can consult the tutorial left on the blog.

Edneo

Newcomer
How can joining players save there progress whenever I join my brother world I have to create another character again

Last edited:

Patsore

Greenhorn
Hi, and sorry in advance, these issues are all so similar and hard to pinpoint that I have given up on this mod, and why this thread is quite dead (unfortunately!).
If only a few of all the talented Stardew Valley modders would look at the files and fix the issues, I'm sure we would have a stable mod in no time.
If anybody knows anyone, please do it. I mean, if one guy on his own can take it this far...
Pester the Vietnamese modder on his Discord, maybe he will actually finish it, maybe he has hit a wall due to lack of skill and that's why there hasn't been an update since last September.

hi, so me and a friend are going to try fixing it. Although please don't get your hopes up - neither of us have any C# experience, although we do have some in other languages and backend. Either way, it's probably not going to be too soon, but just thought it'd be worth posting.

Stardew76

Newcomer
hi, so me and a friend are going to try fixing it. Although please don't get your hopes up - neither of us have any C# experience, although we do have some in other languages and backend. Either way, it's probably not going to be too soon, but just thought it'd be worth posting.
Hi we are waiting and appreciate your work. this is what thông (mod creator) told to me:"those errors are of the game code and I will have to patch it."

Trigues

Newcomer
I would love to look into it. Is the source on GitHub or anything? Looks like just some json config files and a couple unnamed extensions.

Reactions: der

NeymLess

Newcomer
Hi

A friend of mine wanted to play this game in multiplayer on mobile. Of course we all know this isn't possible. Except it is!

I'll post the straightforward way to accomplish this here, and talk about the hurdles I encountered at the end.
This is absolutely fidgety to get working if you don't know exactly the right way to go about it, but if you do know, it does work!

=======================

Install the latest SMAPI Installer for Android from this source on your phone. It's the apk file under Assets.

View attachment 7883

Open it, confirm and allow everything.
Click Install.

View attachment 7884
Although the installer says 3.7.6.9, it seems to install 3.7.6.1. Probably just an oversight. It doesn't matter though, it works.

Now that you have the actual SMAPI Stardew Valley app installed on your phone, you can delete the SMAPI Installer app, and also the ~130Mb apk file it leaves behind in \SMAPI Installer in your Android home directory:
View attachment 7885

At this point you can open SMAPI Stardew Valley. You will notice no big difference (except for a keyboard icon in the top left), since we haven't added any mods yet. SMAPI has automatically created a Mod folder in your \Stardew Valley folder with 4 mods in it: Console Commands, CustomLocalization, SaveBackup and VirtualKeyboard.

Time to add the Multiplayer Mod:

(This is the newest version of the mod, fixed an invisibility bug, but reintroduced another bug, making selling something not advisable, as the joining players can't continue past the sales summary screen. At least I couldn't when I tried)

(This is the older version of the mod, which has the invisibility bug, so when you join a game for the second time, you will be invisible to each other)

Copy the MultiplayerMod folder into the Mod folder in \StardewValley\Mods

Start SMAPI Stardew Valley.
Your home screen now has a Co-op option, click it:

View attachment 7886

Click on Host New Farm (Mobile Platforms).
I tried (PC Platforms) too, but couldn't connect to farms created that way at all.

View attachment 7887

Go through the usual setup:

View attachment 7888

Don't forget to set Starting Cabins to at least 2:

View attachment 7889

Skip the intro and wait till you appear in your bed:

View attachment 7890

Now quit the game completely. If another person tries to join at this point, they will manage to connect to some degree and get the "New farmer" selection screen, but if they click on it, their screen will stay black with it loading forever.
Start SMAPI Stardew Valley again. Click on Co-op. Now click on your newly created farm at the bottom:

View attachment 7891

You are back in your bed in your house.
Now get your buddy (who has gone through the same procedure and hopefully has the same mods as you) to click on Join at the top.
Enter the hosts local IP address. You can find out your phone's IP address in your phone's settings, under About phone or Status. You might have to search a bit, every Android phone is different. Mine for example is 192.168.2.102, so that's what I enter:

View attachment 7892
I downloaded the game for free on another site and when I try to install smapi it always says failed to sign in. Does this mean I have to download the game on playstore?

sanscat

Newcomer
Hello, I need to ask you for help with something, I try to play with my cousin, but whenever I put the IP, it says it fails to connect, probe without and with zerotier, and also the language that appears to choose between Android or PC is not in English, it is in a strange language, can you help me?

Last edited by a moderator:

sanscat

Newcomer
I managed to play with it but I have to create the game and on day 4 it becomes invisible and it is very laggy, is there a solution?

Reactions: der

Suliman

Newcomer
Hi

A friend of mine wanted to play this game in multiplayer on mobile. Of course we all know this isn't possible. Except it is!

I'll post the straightforward way to accomplish this here, and talk about the hurdles I encountered at the end.
This is absolutely fidgety to get working if you don't know exactly the right way to go about it, but if you do know, it does work!

=======================

Install the latest SMAPI Installer for Android from this source on your phone. It's the apk file under Assets.

View attachment 7883

Click Install.

View attachment 7884
Although the installer says 3.7.6.9, it seems to install 3.7.6.1. Probably just an oversight. It doesn't matter though, it works.

Now that you have the actual SMAPI Stardew Valley app installed on your phone, you can delete the SMAPI Installer app, and also the ~130Mb apk file it leaves behind in \SMAPI Installer in your Android home directory:
View attachment 7885

At this point you can open SMAPI Stardew Valley. You will notice no big difference (except for a keyboard icon in the top left), since we haven't added any mods yet. SMAPI has automatically created a Mod folder in your \Stardew Valley folder with 4 mods in it: Console Commands, CustomLocalization, SaveBackup and VirtualKeyboard.

(This is the newest version of the mod, fixed an invisibility bug, but reintroduced another bug, making selling something not advisable, as the joining players can't continue past the sales summary screen. At least I couldn't when I tried)

(This is the older version of the mod, which has the invisibility bug, so when you join a game for the second time, you will be invisible to each other)

View attachment 7886

I tried (PC Platforms) too, but couldn't connect to farms created that way at all.

View attachment 7887

View attachment 7888

View attachment 7889

View attachment 7890

Now quit the game completely. If another person tries to join at this point, they will manage to connect to some degree and get the "New farmer" selection screen, but if they click on it, their screen will stay black with it loading forever.
Start SMAPI Stardew Valley again. Click on Co-op. Now click on your newly created farm at the bottom:

View attachment 7891

Now get your buddy (who has gone through the same procedure and hopefully has the same mods as you) to click on Join at the top.
Enter the hosts local IP address. You can find out your phone's IP address in your phone's settings, under About phone or Status. You might have to search a bit, every Android phone is different. Mine for example is 192.168.2.102, so that's what I enter:

View attachment 7892
I have a problem the multiplayer mod had errors when I open smapi it doesn't show me the co op. Smapi version:
Hi

=======================

View attachment 7883

Click Install.

View attachment 7884

View attachment 7885

View attachment 7886

View attachment 7887

View attachment 7888

View attachment 7889

View attachment 7890

View attachment 7891

View attachment 7892
I have problem with the mod.it had errors.
And doesnt show me the co op.I play on android.My smapi is 3.7.6.10.My stardew valley is 1.4.5.151. And last mod version.

viktorhudak99

Newcomer
Hi!I dowloand and isntall mod is not probleam connect probleam pls can you help me creator or others?I dont speak english very well.Is connection text : Connect... Connect.. Connect... .......

Patsore

Greenhorn
Hi! I know you told us wouldn't hope so much, but how is your work now?
New mobile version hasn't give us co-op so i hope someone fix and improve the mod.
Thank you :)
Hi, I'm so sorry, but I've been really busy with work and studies since I posted that and I haven't really had the opportunity to do much.

asfatre

Newcomer
Why all players after sleep , in the client phonr notif "waiting for other player" how to fix this ?