MultiplayerMod on Android!

HyperHorse

Cowpoke
I just want to say that is pretty rude of you. Some people don't have the money, or the space, or the time, or just like playing on mobile, but still enjoy playing with their friends and family. I really don't understand why that comment was necessary in any way, shape, or form. The only purpose was to make someone feel bad for something they have no control over. I don't want to shame you, but if all you have to say are negative things, please, oh please don't say them.
Oh come on. I was hoping it wouldn't be seen as a "troll" but I guess I expect too much from people. It's still cheaper than a PC and imo more sense than getting a Switch and then getting ripped off because you have to buy those overpriced games on an SD card. Surely there are plenty of used PS4s on Ebay or Craiglist?
Oh yeah if I were to play this game on a mobile platform, it'd have to be on a large tablet and they're not exactly cheaper if you want to get something that lasts longer than 3 years.

Odin

Staff member
Regardless of anyone's intentions, discussing the merits of different gaming platforms is getting a bit off topic. Anyone is certainly welcome to create a new thread in Game Discussion to continue that discussion, but otherwise let's keep things respectful towards others and on topic!

Oh come on. I was hoping it wouldn't be seen as a "troll" but I guess I expect too much from people. It's still cheaper than a PC and imo more sense than getting a Switch and then getting ripped off because you have to buy those overpriced games on an SD card. Surely there are plenty of used PS4s on Ebay or Craiglist?
Oh yeah if I were to play this game on a mobile platform, it'd have to be on a large tablet and they're not exactly cheaper if you want to get something that lasts longer than 3 years.
I'm sorry for misunderstanding your intentions, what you said came off as rude to me. I might have been being a little sensitive, but you could've at least clarified a little better instead of being abrupt and unclear. I wasn't saying that Playstation was worse or better, or that any other platform was superior\inferior. I was merely making it clear that neither of us has any idea of what anybody else's situation is, and telling them to "buy a Playstation" is pretty insensitive from my point of view, regardless of whether it was a joke or not. I won't say any more because I don't want to get any more off-topic, I hope you have a nice rest of your day.

Devizen

Newcomer
Hey there, thanks for the share of the mod. I have done further research on the mod and found out that the developer has a much more recent version in September 2021. The link you gave seemed to be the August 2021 version. Not very sure if it fixes any of the major bugs but feel free to give it a try. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Wem8fgcH3hdS8QNEXwVUkTS94zpgrTf0/view I am unable to test it as I do not have a friend with Android Stardew Valley.

Edit: Found out that the version thread starter shared is the 2nd version and the one I found is the 3rd.

stardiu

Greenhorn
Hi and thanks. I know the version you're talking about, and have tested them both in the past. However I found this newer one worse than the previous one, although it has supposedly fixed a save bug. I can't even pass a day with it, for me the screen stays black for the joining player and he never wakes up. Maybe other people have more luck with it.

To all the people with the invisibility bug, I am sorry. You're actually not invisible, the locations of the players are just never updated, so you'll find them in their bed or whereever they were when the player joined. It also makes going to bed impossible. I give up on this mod in its current state.

Patsore

Greenhorn
Hi and thanks. I know the version you're talking about, and have tested them both in the past. However I found this newer one worse than the previous one, although it has supposedly fixed a save bug. I can't even pass a day with it, for me the screen stays black for the joining player and he never wakes up. Maybe other people have more luck with it.
I honestly haven't met any bugs that weren't there already. And it's definitely fixed the bug with not being able to join a save a second time. There's only one issue, where the joining player doesn't wake up and is stuck on a waiting for players screen, but that can be fixed by rehosting.

stardiu

Greenhorn
I honestly haven't met any bugs that weren't there already. And it's definitely fixed the bug with not being able to join a save a second time. There's only one issue, where the joining player doesn't wake up and is stuck on a waiting for players screen, but that can be fixed by rehosting.
So you have to rehost every day? Or does it happen only once?
I remember not getting far at all with this one, it's the one with the big advertisement upon going to sleep, right? I'd chose this one then, if it fixes the invisibility bug.

GrandDiJay

Newcomer
Is it possible to crossplay with PC, would I need an earlier version since android doesn't have 1.5. Thanks in advance

Patsore

Greenhorn
So you have to rehost every day? Or does it happen only once?
I remember not getting far at all with this one, it's the one with the big advertisement upon going to sleep, right? I'd chose this one then, if it fixes the invisibility bug.
Okay well we managed to get through having to rehost every day. You just need to press the back button on your phone to wake up
And I'm not sure about the invisibility bug, haven't encountered it for nor.
Edit: Encountered the invisible player bug just recently, fixed it by reverting to previous save

Last edited:

stardiu

Greenhorn
Okay well we managed to get through having to rehost every day. You just need to press the back button on your phone to wake up
Edit: Encountered the invisible player bug just recently, fixed it by reverting to previous save
That does it! Never thought of trying the back button.
You're the man, man!
So that's what the new Mod version was for. Rewriting the guide now.

And to the other guy, sorry, crossplay Android-to-Windows is not possible even with this mod.

stardiu

Greenhorn
Circumvent one bug, find another...
Now, when you put something in the sale box and the end-of-day sales summary appears, I can't make the joining player wake up. When I press back, it prompts me for "Really quit?", and then the game becomes unresponsive/crashes. But if you don't sell anything it does work -> no invisibilty bug. Anyone experience the same?

Joji_legend

Greenhorn
Hello, I saw the post regarding this mod and because I played around with it I want to share my findings.
I have the latest version of the mod, I don't know if whatever I say will be true for other older versions.

I'm going to refer to the two players as "H" for host and "P" for the other player.

First off DONT sell anything at the sellbox, if you do at the end of the day when both players go to sleep "P" will be stuck at a black screen, the ingame character will be in the bed. If you sell anywhere else it will work fine.

Second rarely when transitioning to another area "P" will get stuck at the loading screen. The solution is you have to tap where either your quest button would be or the button with the three lines, this will open the corresponding window and once you close it you will be out of the loading screen.

Third If "P" joins for example in day 2 the game will consider it P's first day. So if the community center opens for "H" "P" should NOT try to get in, the game for "P" will either straight up close or take you to the main menu.

Fourth "P" from what Ive seen cannot get mails, I don't know about gifts but mails don't get sent to their house. But if for example you go to the beach at the 3rd day for "P" it will trigger the fisherman cutscene.

Fifth This has ever happened once to me and I can't replicate it, "H" is not able to pick up any item off the floor.
This might have happened because both players where collecting items at the same time but I'm not sure.

Sixth Player's location isn't updating. I don't know what causes this or how to fix it, but pretty much the mod stops updating either players location, that causes, from my experience, "P"s time to completely freeze and so neither of the players can sleep. The players can move around but from the others perspective they are standing still, and can't interact with chests or anything else. Transitioning to another area may cause a crash or a freeze.

If I find anything else that I believe is important I will update this post. I hope that helped!

Last edited:

Patsore

Greenhorn
Circumvent one bug, find another...
Now, when you put something in the sale box and the end-of-day sales summary appears, I can't make the joining player wake up. When I press back, it prompts me for "Really quit?", and then the game becomes unresponsive/crashes. But if you don't sell anything it does work -> no invisibilty bug. Anyone experience the same?
It would probably be helpful to create a discord server for this. That would allow for faster communication, I'd reckon.

Reactions: der

winduajipras

Greenhorn
Hello, I saw the post regarding this mod and because I played around with it I want to share my findings.
I have the latest version of the mod, I don't know if whatever I say will be true for other older versions.

I'm going to refer to the two players as "H" for host and "P" for the other player.

First off DONT sell anything at the sellbox, if you do at the end of the day when both players go to sleep "P" will be stuck at a black screen, the ingame character will be in the bed. If you sell anywhere else it will work fine.

Second rarely when transitioning to another area "P" will get stuck at the loading screen. The solution is you have to tap where either your quest button would be or the button with the three lines, this will open the corresponding window and once you close it you will be out of the loading screen.

Third If "P" joins for example in day 2 the game will consider it P's first day. So if the community center opens for "H" "P" should NOT try to get in, the game for "P" will either straight up close or take you to the main menu.

Fourth "P" from what Ive seen cannot get mails, I don't know about gifts but mails don't get sent to their house. But if for example you go to the beach at the 3rd day for "P" it will trigger the fisherman cutscene.

Fifth This has ever happened once to me and I can't replicate it, "H" is not able to pick up any item off the floor.
This might have happened because both players where collecting items at the same time but I'm not sure.

Sixth Player's location isn't updating. I don't know what causes this or how to fix it, but pretty much the mod stops updating either players location, that causes, from my experience, "P"s time to completely freeze and so neither of the players can sleep. The players can move around but from the others perspective they are standing still, and can't interact with chests or anything else. Transitioning to another area may cause a crash or a freeze.

If I find anything else that I believe is important I will update this post. I hope that helped!
i have found way to fix bug like freeze time on "P", "H" and "P" cant meet up, invicible "P"
this bug happen because the mod is writing wrong script in the save game file

so how to fix it?

edit your save game with notepad++ (name_2131241241)
then search with ctrl+f <slotcanhost> and edit the value
make sure the first is true <slotcanhost>true</slotcanhost> and second is false <slotcanhost>false</slotcanhost>

why?
because the first slotcanhost is for "H" as server so the value must be true then the second slotcanhost is for "P" as client so the value must be false

Capture.PNG

:smile::smile:

thats fix bug that i found, but if u play more than 2 year u will facing "destinationarray" bug
the client "P" has crash and back to main screen but server or host "H" still running well, i still don't know how to fix this
if u found how to fix this or how to modify the mod help me :awe:

WhatsApp Image 2022-03-12 at 22.29.33.jpeg

stardiu

Greenhorn
Hey, that's some pretty in-depth stuff, thanks!
Did you really play the mobile version for 2 years?? If yes -> I'm impressed :laugh:
I will add your fix to the first page guide, if I may, Thank you.

winduajipras

Greenhorn
Thankyou stardiu

Yes, 2 year in game time
i was thinking if we have many animal and the game will more lag, maybe too many animal population Will make data that send to client too big then error "destination array was not long enough" will happen

If i can edit the mod maybe i can increase capacity for that array, but sadly i don't know how to edit Stardew valley mod 😔

Tanaka

Newcomer
Hi my friend when using this mod his cellphone freezes and doesn't respond but when playing offline he plays the game smoothly what's wrong?

Bigrob7605

Newcomer
Question, me and my wife love the mod. She only uses mobile. So we have no choice but to play mobile together. We do fine with it but, we go to bed and have to keep closing and restarting the game to start the day. No matter what we try, when bedtime comes, it does not allow the person who connects to the host to play. It just keeps saying waiting for other player. It also boots me out a lot at random back to the main screen and she has to close the game and restart for me to connect because my guy is stuck in bed, so she is not able to save when I get booted also and we lose all the progress due to the waiting for other player message.

Also, I have to keep going thru the toon creation screen and have to click the green checkmark. Is there anyway to work around these issues?.

Thanks in advance for any help!.