Mouse keybind issues

coopsiexo

Newcomer
i have two extra side buttons on my mouse, m4 and m5. i would love to use these buttons to scroll through my inventory, but when i tried to change the keybinds the game failed to recognize that i was pushing any button. does anyone know if theres a way to fix this?

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
i have two extra side buttons on my mouse, m4 and m5. i would love to use these buttons to scroll through my inventory, but when i tried to change the keybinds the game failed to recognize that i was pushing any button. does anyone know if theres a way to fix this?
You have you use an external script like using Autohotkey. There are downloads and tutorials online for it but I could give you a rundown if you wanted.
Are you using it for animation canceling or just to have rebinded in general?

coopsiexo

Newcomer
You have you use an external script like using Autohotkey. There are downloads and tutorials online for it but I could give you a rundown if you wanted.
Are you using it for animation canceling or just to have rebinded in general?
just to rebind, thank you!

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
just to rebind, thank you!
Have you ever used something like Autohotkey?
It doesn’t matter too much as regardless the best place to start would probably just be downloading a script for animation canceling and editing it (as there are loads of tutorials online with scripts that only run when the game is running which is really handy).
I would recommend this one as it has all the downloads in the description https://youtu.be/4ztTA9UDHyM?si=a2weBc_lnT6-dk_x.

When you’re done with that we can try editing the script to rebind stuff to the right keys. You only need a couple so it shouldn’t be too bad.