More marriageable older men

Tee

Newcomer
I am a member of an older female player group; we've been playing for several years, and we were very excited about 1.5. But we were disappointed that more older characters weren't made available for marriage. We have only three basic choices: Harvey, Elliott, and Shane. It would be great to have more of the older single characters available, like Clint or Gus.

1FlyCat

Farmhand
it would be great to have more of the older single characters available, like Clint or Gus
*Ahem* Aren't you forgetting one eligible bachelor who happens to work at the library/museum? :wink:

There is a mod that allows for this: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/366.

However, the character portraits have been modified to make them appear younger, which kind of defeats the purpose here.

Last edited:

Norski

Greenhorn
I am a member of an older female player group; we've been playing for several years, and we were very excited about 1.5. But we were disappointed that more older characters weren't made available for marriage. We have only three basic choices: Harvey, Elliott, and Shane. It would be great to have more of the older single characters available, like Clint or Gus.
Gus could totally be an option, but at the same time, I think the point is that he's kinda too old for the game's target audience.. which I agree with.. It could be very weird for younger players to be dating gus.. a like 40 year old bar guy..
Harvey is your best choice, unless you want to download the mod that lets you marry anyone... but idk why you would want to.. especially cause that probably means the bar won't be run by anyone o-o

Lemon_Stone

Sodbuster
I posted a thread a while back about how I think the game could afford some alternative ways to get the "marriage" stardrop, seeing as it's required for 100% completion and many players who don't wanna marry probably don't want to have to marry and divorce an NPC just for the sake of 100% completion. Ideas I posted included single adoption and the addition of more marriage candidates, including options for older players. Someone in the thread posted an interesting proposition, that being an advanced game option to specify whether your character is younger or older. It would change how certain NPCs interact with your character, alter how some heart events play out, and change the marriage candidates available to your character. I think that'd be a great way to implement older marriage candidates as an option.

1FlyCat

Farmhand
Harvey is your best choice, unless you want to download the mod that lets you marry anyone... but idk why you would want to.. especially cause that probably means the bar won't be run by anyone
You would think, but Siv's Marriage Mod handles this:
Fully unique post-marriage schedules. Clint will run his shop, Gus will tend the bar, Lewis will check on businesses, Marnie will run the animal shop, Pam will drive the bus, and Willy will run the fishing shop. Not as often as before, but part-time!

Last edited: