Question Mods for Console?

Omnitographer

Newcomer
Hello!

Given the fact that the 1.6 update is largely mod focused I have to wonder if CA might be able to one day work with the developers of some of the more popular mods to make their additions to the game available to console players? Of course it's not possible to outright *mod* a console game, the security of these systems preclude that entirely, but, it is possible to release mods as DLC or to incorporate their code directly into the game's package on console. For the former, games such as Train Sim World (and Train Simulator) have numerous DLC available which are published by the main developer but are developed by third parties. By working with the game dev directly these companies are able to make new content for a game that isn't theirs and gamers get to expand their game beyond what the dev could support themselves. Mods such as SDVE could be released as free DLC on the various console stores, allowing players to install and use this new content as they wish. Alternatively, other games such as The Witcher 3 directly incorporate mod content into the base game package. The new Next Gen update incorporates the code and assets of several mods to improve the game without any additional effort by the user. SDV mods could be included in the game download and enabled or disabled via an in-game menu. In either case the content of the mods is *available* to console players without altering the original game core. I would love to see this be the path taken, for the mod community and CA to come together to make these amazing creations available to millions of new players who have invested so many hours in their farms and want to keep growing.

Thank you for reading!

Zeldas Castle

Farmhand
This I should like a lot.
It is fun to play both Expanded, Ridgeside and East Scarp. A lot of new characters and quest.
I have think about to get a Steam Deck in the future so I can play Stardew Valley and other games with mods and handheld. But if they should make some mods to DLC I would love it a lot. I could also pay a little bit to get this mods as DLC.