Missing Artifact

MissDandy

Farmer
So I've nearly completed the museum collection, but I can't find one thing, which is the Ancient Sword. It's the last thing I need to complete it, so I'm looking everyday in the mountains and in the forest with close to no luck. I'm in Spring, and there's just not a lot of artifact dig spots as opposed to winter. So I'm wondering, is it worth it to go looking every single day right now, or should I wait for another season? It's really time consuming to check both spots thoroughly each day when I do have a lot of other stuff to do. I know I'll find it eventually, but I'm just looking for the quickest way possible and want to hear if you guys have any advice.

Edit: Thanks to your guys' advice, I found it! You saved me a lot of searching, that's for sure.

Last edited:

Lew Zealand

Helper
Fishing on a Lucky day is supposed to get you more Treasure Chests, which could contain the Ancient Sword, and I feel that I see more of these Chests on a Lucky fishing day then I see Artifact Spots on a typical day. Especially if I've already cleared out those spots the day or 2 before, looking for something. I assume that eating a Lucky Lunch can help the Luck along but I assume that @BlaDe probably has the best strategy, maybe wait for him to address this.

Plus, it's Fishing. You're specifically choosing to put everything else off to sit under a tree and look like you're doing something, when actually you're barely awake enough to breathe.

Cptldsilver

Planter
There's 3 ways to get the ancient sword,
1. Digging in artifact spots like you're doing.
2. Opening treasure troves at clients.
3. Getting one from a fishing treasure chest.

There's different ways to game each method to make it faster. If you're not using outside tools (blades or mouseypounds predictors) then your best bet is probably to max your luck and fishing treasure chest chance and just fish it up. Every fish should have about a 60% chance for a treasure chest if you do it right (magic Rock candy, lucky rings, ginger ale, special charm, pirate profession, magnet, and treasure hunter). If you're using outside tools just trade for a treasure trove and use mouseypounds predictor to open the first trove with the artifact.

benjellyman

Planter
They should be in the wormy tiles in the dirt. Just get a hoe out dig in the wormy spot. There you have a small chance of finding one
It's odd if this is what your trying and it doesn't work

MissDandy

Farmer
Fishing on a Lucky day is supposed to get you more Treasure Chests, which could contain the Ancient Sword, and I feel that I see more of these Chests on a Lucky fishing day then I see Artifact Spots on a typical day. Especially if I've already cleared out those spots the day or 2 before, looking for something. I assume that eating a Lucky Lunch can help the Luck along but I assume that @BlaDe probably has the best strategy, maybe wait for him to address this.

Plus, it's Fishing. You're specifically choosing to put everything else off to sit under a tree and look like you're doing something, when actually you're barely awake enough to breathe.
Thanks, I never even thought about fishing to find it, and I'll use a lucky lunch when I do.
There's 3 ways to get the ancient sword,
1. Digging in artifact spots like you're doing.
2. Opening treasure troves at clients.
3. Getting one from a fishing treasure chest.

There's different ways to game each method to make it faster. If you're not using outside tools (blades or mouseypounds predictors) then your best bet is probably to max your luck and fishing treasure chest chance and just fish it up. Every fish should have about a 60% chance for a treasure chest if you do it right (magic Rock candy, lucky rings, ginger ale, special charm, pirate profession, magnet, and treasure hunter). If you're using outside tools just trade for a treasure trove and use mouseypounds predictor to open the first trove with the artifact.
Artifact trove is a good idea too. Where can I trade for a treasure trove, is it the island trader? (I really should know this stuff by now but hey) I've only cracked open two of them, so that's probably another good place to devote attention to in hopes of finding it. I'll try and do a fair bit of fishing too.
They should be in the wormy tiles in the dirt. Just get a hoe out dig in the wormy spot. There you have a small chance of finding one
It's odd if this is what your trying and it doesn't work
Yes haha, my problem is that I'm not finding it in the worms. I've been looking for so long now:bored:

Cptldsilver

Planter
Thanks, I never even thought about fishing to find it, and I'll use a lucky lunch when I do.

Artifact trove is a good idea too. Where can I trade for a treasure trove, is it the island trader? (I really should know this stuff by now but hey) I've only cracked open two of them, so that's probably another good place to devote attention to in hopes of finding it. I'll try and do a fair bit of fishing too.

Yes haha, my problem is that I'm not finding it in the worms. I've been looking for so long now:bored:
You can trade 5 omni geodes to the desert trader for 1 trove. They're expensive and if you don't know the contents beforehand (via mouseypounds) you'll only have a 1/27 chance of finding one in any given trove.

Yep I'd recommend Treasure Troves for sure. Fishing chest you have a less than 1% chance of finding it, plus your inventory fills up fast doing that. If you only have one artifact left, I assume you're relatively wealthy. Buy a bunch of bombs, spec your skills for geodes, hop in the skull caverns, bomb everything in sight. Trade boatloads of Omni Geodes for boatloads of Treasure Troves, crack them open and see how it goes.

There might be a trick to the troves as well. It's possible you can manipulate or determine their outcome, not really sure, I'm very tired. But in general that'd be the strategy I'd use.

MissDandy

Farmer
Yep I'd recommend Treasure Troves for sure. Fishing chest you have a less than 1% chance of finding it, plus your inventory fills up fast doing that. If you only have one artifact left, I assume you're relatively wealthy. Buy a bunch of bombs, spec your skills for geodes, hop in the skull caverns, bomb everything in sight. Trade boatloads of Omni Geodes for boatloads of Treasure Troves, crack them open and see how it goes.

There might be a trick to the troves as well. It's possible you can manipulate or determine their outcome, not really sure, I'm very tired. But in general that'd be the strategy I'd use.
Well I'm definitely leaning towards treasure troves, and I got some pointers on how you might possibly be able to alter the outcome. (Though it's considered cheating, I'd rather 'cheat' than waste any more time.) So I guess I'm off to blow the mines to bits.

imnvs

Local Legend
Well I'm definitely leaning towards treasure troves, and I got some pointers on how you might possibly be able to alter the outcome. (Though it's considered cheating, I'd rather 'cheat' than waste any more time.) So I guess I'm off to blow the mines to bits.
First thing's first, it's only some people that consider using the predictor to be cheating. Just like only some people consider "save scumming" to be cheating.

Second, the Mines aren't the best place to find Artifact Troves or Omni Geodes. If you have access to Ginger Island, that's where you want to go. Artifact spots out there drop one or the other quite frequently.

And if you're going to blow stuff up to find Omni Geodes, the Skull Cavern is a better place to go. The chances of getting them from rocks are the same as in the Mines (floors 21+ only), but in the Skull Cavern they're available from level 1, and the Carbon Ghosts you find there increase the chances of you getting more Omni Geodes in one trip as they have a 99% chance to drop them.

Another option, if you're going to blow stuff up for Omnis? The Volcano Dungeon out on the island. You can get them on every level there too, and there's also a small chance of there being Omni Geode Nodes (like the nodes that spawn in the quarry areas for the Hilltop and 4-Corners maps, but for Omni Geodes instead of regular, Frozen or Magma Geodes), and that increases your chances slightly too. (Not as much as the Skull Cavern, but still better than the regular old Mines.)

Also, you can buy 1 Omni Geode from Krobus on Tuesdays and 3 from Sandy on Wednesdays.

Happy hunting!

Last edited:

MissDandy

Farmer
First thing's first, it's only some people that consider using the predictor to be cheating. Just like only some people consider "save scumming" to be cheating.

Second, the Mines aren't the best place to find Artifact Troves or Omni Geodes. If you have access to Ginger Island, that's where you want to go. Artifact spots out there drop one or the other quite frequently.

And if you're going to blow stuff up to find Omni Geodes, the Skull Cavern is a better place to go. The chances of getting them from rocks are the same as in the Mines (floors 21+ only), but in the Skull Cavern they're available from level 1, and the Carbon Ghosts you find there increase the chances of you getting more Omni Geodes in one trip as they have a 99% chance to drop them.

Another option, if you're going to blow stuff up for Omnis? The Volcano Dungeon out on the island. You can get them on every level there too, and there's also a small chance of there being Omni Geode Nodes (like the nodes that spawn in the quarry areas for the Hilltop and 4-Corners maps, but for Omni Geodes instead of regular, Frozen or Magma Geodes), and that increases your chances slightly too. (Not as much as the Skull Cavern, but still better than the regular old Mines.)

Also, you can buy 1 Omni Geode from Korbus on Tuesdays and 3 from Sandy on Wednesdays.

Happy hunting!
Thank you for all of this too! I probably should have said skull cavern since that's what I meant haha. I figured I would go there because I have to do some other stuff there, so I thought I would try to kill two birds with one stone. I have found a ton of Omni Geodes in there, which I honestly didn't know before starting this thread. It's also kind of new, since I spent hours blasting the volcano dungeon before I realized there was a bug regarding the drop rate of the Mummified Bat. And I didn't know that you could buy them from Sandy and Krobus!

To be completely honest, the only reason I don't use the predictor is because I have no idea how. Anyway, thanks for all this new advice!

Worblehat

Planter
the only reason I don't use the predictor is because I have no idea how.
Just upload the save file, then look at the Geodes tab. The next geode you open will get the highlighted row's result. Past geodes are grayed out, future geodes are in white. It puts a little Gunther icon next to anything you still need to donate to the museum, like your Ancient Sword.

Highly recommended. Though it sounds like you'll be able to trade for enough troves to brute force a solution anyway. 🙂

Worblehat

Planter
I don't know what a Switch is, so I have no idea, sorry. If it's a device where you can access your save files, it probably should work, if not, it definitely won't...

Without the predictor, there's a clumsier way to get the same knowledge that should work on any platform. Say you have 10 Troves. Go to Clint in the morning, open them, reset the day if you didn't find your sword. On the reset day, have Clint open 10 geodes of any other type(s), then open your Troves and see if you get the sword. If you need another reset, open 20 geodes of other type(s) first, and so on. Iterate until either you find it or you run out of other geodes with which to increase your number of opened geodes (for each game seed, there's a sequence of geode results determined by how many you have already opened, so you use your other geodes to push the geode count up to the point you haven't already explored with your Artifact Troves).