Art [mid/late game spoilers] i wanna live in the mines

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
so, i experienced the hardmode mines for the first time yesterday and i was just in absolute awe at floors 40-70, i wanted to live there!! i wanted to be there forever!!! the colors are gorgeous and the mushrooms were so cute and the monsters were so interesting!!!

so i drew it....

jungle mines.png

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
Yesss!! I've only played the hard-mode mines on multiplayer so far, but I'd love to just explore around when I unlock it in single player so I can witness the absolute horror for 40 monsters surrounding me without lag LOL

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
You might have forgot the little sh*tty ghosts that disallow my voracious eating habits for 2 minutes.
2 minutes! That is just an unreasonable amount of time, I just hit them early or skip the floors like I do the rest of them with staircases when I have the quest.

Boo1972

Farmer
You might have forgot the little sh*tty ghosts that disallow my voracious eating habits for 2 minutes.
2 minutes! That is just an unreasonable amount of time, I just hit them early or skip the floors like I do the rest of them with staircases when I have the quest.
That’s why I hoard Ginger! No disgusting, radioactive green ghosts will stop me from enjoying life in the forest-themed mines.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
That’s why I hoard Ginger! No disgusting, radioactive green ghosts will stop me from enjoying life in the forest-themed mines.
I have a ton of ginger, I just find it annoying, you could also just wear a full immunity set of armour and I'm thinking I'll invest in an immunity ring luck combo as I have too many luck rings anyway.

Boo1972

Farmer
Oh, that sounds like a potentially fun build. The nausea debuff (is that what it’s called) is the worst.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Oh, that sounds like a potentially fun build. The nausea debuff (is that what it’s called) is the worst.
yeah honestly it requires only two items, mermaid boots which you should pretty much already have because they are arguably the best boots and the immunity ring hopefully forged with something good.

I hated the hard mode mines!! I only activated them to get the radioactive ore to finish the crops/resources part of perfection and deactivated them as fast as I could after selling everything. The peaceful (or not so peaceful, depending on whether you ran into monsters) beauty of it was incredible, though, and you did a great job capturing that!